Tuesday, December 4, 2007

WFMW - Mexican Casserole

It's Works for Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer!
Today is "What Do I Fix?" Edition, so here goes:
One of our favorites - for those "What Do I Fix?" evenings - is Mexican Casserole. Here's how I do it, but the possibilities are endless.

Layer in a 9x13 baking dish:

2 cups of cooked rice (usually left over from another meal)
1 lb. cooked ground beef or chicken
1 can of chili beans (or black beans or any beans)
1 cup of frozen corn
1 can of enchilada sauce (it's good without it, too)
1 cup of shredded cheese (I use Colby/Jack)

~As you can see, this has too many substitutions to mention. But I most often have these ingredients on hand.

Bake until it's heated through and serve with warm tortillas and salsa. Sometimes when I only have a few minutes, I mix all but the cheese in a large skillet until heated through, top with cheese and serve it from the pan.

My troop loves it - and it's cheap, quick and simple.

Enjoy!

And be sure to check back at WFMW for more ideas!

6 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

That sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I will probably try this tomorrow night! Have a great day friend!

Phyllis Sommer said...

mm...delicious! i love all these recipes, this is such a fun wfmw...

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I love all Mexican food...this sounds great..:)

Melissa Markham said...

I love Mexican food! Thanks for the recipe!

Christine Smith said...

sounds great - thanks so much

Anonymous said...

I saw this recipe on your blog several months ago and now I make it all the time. The kids love it, hubby loves it and the agape feast goers love it too. Thanks so much!