Thursday, January 24, 2008

Overwhelmed with Life


This is Baby Boy when he was 12 days old.
He's ten months old today!

I can't believe it.

Until I look around my house.
Apparently, the last year of "surviving" has caught up with me.

My pregnancy was rough. Baby Boy's early arrival and the 11 day hospital stay for both of us was rougher. It took months to feel like myself, again, and I'm just now feeling really good.

And it all hit me last night, while the Coach was trying to help me transfer the last of my pictures off of our old computer (which we replaced last June).
I'm really behind on everything.

He laughed, Of course.
Then told me to get my act together.

But today I began thinking that I am (now that the baby is bigger) going to start working on it, again. Maybe I won't ever be as organized as I used to be. But I can work on it.

Today I tackled the playroom.

I got out all of the baby toys (which had been stored in the attic). Baby Boy crawled right past them and started playing with the vacuum.

Daughter (#7) needed bigger shoes, so while I was up there in the attic, I pulled out the next size for her.

She hasn't stopped saying, "Mom. These are ADORABLE."
So you see, life is good.

The Coach always tells me, "Where no oxen are the crib is clean" (his version of Proverbs 14:4). In other words, the mess means we have eight kids.

So I guess in a way, I DO have my act together. I have eight precious children to love on and read to and sing with and do homework and science projects with and cook for and rock to sleep and tuck in at night. And a husband who can laugh about it all.

Better than a clean house any day!



6 comments:

Grana said...

I can't believe you have a blog too!
I have enjoyed reading some of your posts, I could be here all day! What is interesting is we have been reading some of the same blogs! I can't figure out how to put the links on my site though! I do have Keli's on there and I can't figure out how I did that! I love seeing the babies! I am going to get posting again!
Great blog! Love it and love you!

The Anderson Zoo said...

Hey Karen!!!! My mom-in-law told me about your blog. I have a free moment (with 4 - as you know- that can be difficult). I have just read a few things you have written & I love it. I will come back and read it again. I feel very chaotic somedays and you have some great ideas so keep them coming b/c I guarantee I will use them at our "zoo."

Laura said...

You are too funny. It seems to only get worse as the bigger ones get busier!! Woo hoo!! Love ya! Give the boy sugars for me. Miss you.

Lori Leigh said...

I can't believe he is 10 months! He is so cute. Thanks for sharing! That was very encouraging.

Anonymous said...

And when the kids are grown and gone, they STILL take up our time and worries.

Ahh... the plight of the mother. Not a path for whimps, that's for sure.

Hang in there! :-)

Love~ Pearl

Carla said...

Those are the biggest eyes I have ever seen! What a cutie!
Carla