Sunday, January 6, 2008

Help Wanted:


Here we are at the beginning of a New Year.

Yes, I know it's the 6th, but I'm late, as usual.

I keep seeing all the stuff about New Year's Resolutions and I have a few of my own. However, as most people are willing to admit, it's never that simple.

So I'm asking for your help.

Read my list and then comment with a few resolutions of your own - AND (here's the kicker) tell me HOW you plan to keep them or make the necessary changes.

1. Feel better and have more energy
- keep attending WW and lose the remaining 15 pounds (my goal is in three months)
- drink water
- exercise (3 or 4 times/week)
- go to bed earlier

2. Be a more "Patiently Firm" Mother
- take time to deal with issues when they arise
- make more of an effort to "connect" with each child daily
- laugh instead of being frustrated

3. Read
- God's Word, every day
- good books (on the treadmill and in the evening)

4. Get some things organized around here
- catch up on photos and albums, baby books
- minimize clothing for the kids so they can handle keeping it neat

5. Spend less money on the "necessities"
- eat more frugal meals
- shop less often
- do without

So, I've let you in on my goals for the year. Now tell me some of yours AND your strategy for keeping it up.

And, YES, for those of you who have asked, I AM working on "How the Coach Won My Heart" part Five. Coming soon.

8 comments:

Laura said...

I have no idea how to keep 'em. I do good - for a while. It's the cooking frugal meals that kill me. My hubs doesn't do casseroles so hard to make it stretch.

Good luck! Laura

Lori Leigh said...

Great goal! I'm still working on getting mine down on paper! I'll post mine when I do! Ugh.

Lori Leigh said...

So really, my goals are just really similar to yours! I'm still working on the strategy part.

Laura said...

Lori,
How is the move/house hunting going?
Laura

Lori Leigh said...

Hey Laura ~ It is crazy. Absolutely crazy. We keep showing our house here (in fact I just showed it at 5:00 today) and I'm getting a little tired of it if I do say so myself. No bids yet. Still looking at the houses in different areas in Texas. But we are kind of in limbo. They have offered Ben a job here now. Sooooo,... if we don't get a bid pretty soon, or if the Texas branch won't put a guarantee that we won't lose money on our house, we might end up staying here. Decisions, decision.... Just praying right now for wisdom and direction. We would be happy either place as long as Ben could come home in the evenings! Thanks for asking!

Lori Leigh said...

So, I just looked at the pic again and was wondering if you are just trying to throw people off because I don't recognize that last little boy as yours,... unless #7 shot up over the holidays! :)

Mrs. Troop said...

Riding on Son #1's back are Daughter #7 and her cousin, Buddy. :-) He comes on Thursdays while Daughter #5 and #6 go to ballet with his big sister. They LOVE to play with the big kids! Thanks for asking.

Laura said...

Is that one belong to B and S? I did love the picture and just assumed it was a cousin!