Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Life at the Troops. . .

It hasn't crossed my mind to post anything, lately.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe my creativity is stalled out.

But this blog is how I keep up with those of you who love and pray for us (and aren't on Facebook - ha!). . . so I figure an update is in order.  So for all of the Aunts AND the rest (that's you, Sara!). . .

We celebrated Daughters's (#7) EIGHTH birthday on the 13th.  My precious baby girl.  She's not so little, anymore.  Thankfully, after a rough illness and a tough transition back into school?  She's doing great.  Talking on the phone to her BFF every afternoon.  So cute.  I have pictures of her birthday.  Somewhere.

Last week was Fall Break.  We packed up and headed to the farm, in spite of multiple commitments in "town" each day.  Lots of driving, but the quiet moments out there were worth it.  Such a beautiful time of year!  And I didn't take one. single. picture.  (sigh)  Football was Thursday night last week, and son played well against a tough team.

On Thursday I finished a 10 day raw juice fast.  It was hard.  But good.  Glad I did it.

The kids had a friend's birthday on Saturday, so the younger five had pizza at Grandmother's and Granddad's house so the coach and I could have a date night.  Ahhhhh.  There are not words for how much that refreshes, encourages, and strengthens me.

I LOVE Fall.  I love the leaves on the ground (even though the Coach can't wait to rake/mow them!).  I love the pansies, mums, and ornamental kale that Son (#3) planted for me. I love the colors.  I love the cooler weather (not the wind - but we have that ALL year!).  It's my favorite season.

And this week?  Started at the hospital, yesterday morning, for Daughter's (#6) scope (EGD).  She was under general anesthesia, but all went well.  The scope was clear, the doctor and anesthesiologist were great, much to be thankful for.  We are both tired, today.

Yesterday was Daughter's (#2) first basketball practice of the season, and Son's (#3) last Jr. High game.  Not just for the season, but since he's an 8th grader. . . his VERY last Jr. High game.  Next year he'll be a freshman.  How is that possible?

All is well.  It's a busy, busy time of year, but we are enjoying it.  I'm grateful for the Lord's grace and strength.  Every moment of every day.

Now to get back to an abbreviated day of homeschooling from the sofa. . . while Daughter (#6) catches up on her rest.  I can't believe it, but I think ALL of the troops will be home for dinner tonight!  Yay!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: