Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday

1.  Cold front.  I may be wishing it away at tomorrow night's football game when it's in the 30's and my little ones are all freezing!  But for today?  I love it.

2.  Going to try this recipe for the first time, tonight.  Yum!  Maybe Son (#3) will make us some chocolate chip pumpkin muffins when he gets home from school.

3.  Somewhat "final" diagnosis for Daughter (#6), yesterday.  Not serious.  Although it has a rather vague cause and treatment. The Lord knows.  Trusting Him for direction.

4.  A clean house.  The kids all pitched in a got it done, yesterday afternoon.  It was a zoo, but they worked hard and accomplished an amazing amount.

5.  The blowing leaves, the pots of pansies and mums, the cloudy sky.  Ahhhhh. . . Fall.

6.  Sweet friends who check up on us (Tuesday's post was just for them!) and pray for us.  We are so blessed.

7.  Coffee date with two of my boys on Tuesday.  I love them.  Even when they rope me into taking them to the pet store.

8.  Watching my girls play school together in the afternoons.  Watching the big kids play games together in the evenings after the littles are in bed.  Brings me joy.

Time to get my little home schoolers some hot cocoa and get in the shower.  I may or may not have completely missed getting a shower, yesterday.  Ugh.  And I may or may not have said (in the past), "I will never be one of THOSE moms who doesn't even take a SHOWER every day."  And now I have eaten my words, once again.

Not the first time.  I'm sure it won't be the last.

Thank you, Jesus, for giving me another day to seek You, adore my husband, love on my kids, care for our home, cook a warm meal, fold fresh smelling clothes. . .

Blessed.