I can't believe I'm actually on the computer at this time of day.
You know that time.
After school. Before dinner.
Homework. Notes to sign. Snacks. Lunchbags. Play clothes to change into. Dinner to get ready. You know.
Today? Doesn't seem so bad, really. Maybe because just my eight are here. And lately, that's unusual (although we LOVE having our cousins!).
Since I missed last week, I couldn't let the day go by without posting a Thankful List.
(sometimes it's hard to get going. . . )
1. The rain. (I don't know why I should be thankful for it, but I'm just GOING to be.)
2. The falling leaves. So pretty.
3. Our cabinet full of hot delicious goodness (hot chocolate, chai tea, cappuccino, etc.). Comforting and yummy.
4. The end of Jr. High football season. It was fun. But Son #1 missed the last half because of his knee injury. And it just wasn't the same without him out there.
5. The Coach will be home on Monday nights, now! Yeah! (well, except for when Jr. High basketball starts in a couple of weeks - but some of the kids can go with him on those nights)
6. Laundry caught up (for today).
7. Dinner in the oven.
And while we're at it. Have I shared this recipe with you, before?
Chicken, Potatoes and Beans
(from my good friend, Laura - thanks, Laura!)
In a 9x12, fill one third with chicken breast (I cut ours into strips), one third with potatoes (peeled and chunked) and one third with green beans (canned or frozen).
Sprinkle 1 packet of Italian Dressing MIX over all.
Pour one melted stick of butter over all.
Cover and bake one hour at 350.
So easy and so good.
My version has to be made in two pans. One with chicken, one with beans and potatoes. I use two packets of dressing mix (one for each pan), but only the one stick of butter for the two pans.
8. Grandmother and Granddad are back from California! We missed them!
9. Not sure if I missed this last week (or was it the week before?) - but Daughter #5 has her cast off! For good! So grateful. Here's the first cast:
Here's the second one (notice they are BOTH blue!):
10. Same orthopedic visit that Daughter #5 got her cast off, we found out that Son #3 has a broken finger. But he's OK and we're taping it ourselves. He's learning to be tough! Ha!
11. ALL boys clothes sorted, organized and cleaned out. LOTS to give away, LOTS being used and plenty saved for Little Man. What a blessing. And SO nice to have our playroom back. Ha!
And THAT, my dear friends, is all she wrote for tonight.
Blessings on each of you as you enjoy this wonderful season of color and cool weather and time together with family.
And while I'm here with you - would you pray for Daughter #6? She broke out in hives on Tuesday night and has had them (and a lot of misery) ever since. Took her into the Pediatrician yesterday, but it's kind of hard to tell WHY one gets hives. As some of you probably know. In the meantime, she's been home (missing school) and although she's been just fine overall, it's not a lot of fun.