But life happens.
And lately at the troops? A lot of life, happening a lot.
Today I'm so thankful for:
1. A day at home. First day in a couple of weeks that we haven't HAD to get out - so we are camping out here, today. So much catching up to do.
2. That my sick kids are improving. In hindsight, we're pretty sure it's been the flu (our doctor said it didn't matter which one and no need to test - we've got it!), and depending on how far back we go, maybe six have had it? I'm hopeful that they have because that only means 2 more to go.
3. Daughter #7's birthday this week. She is sunshine and smiles and laughter and joy. And LOUD. Ha! Love her. And can't believe my baby girl is FIVE! Ouch.
4. A WONDERFUL visit with this sweet friend on Saturday. SWEET baby and fun times. And lots of chocolate and laughter. Doesn't get any better! Except maybe for the Coach who stayed home with the sick kids so I could go.
5. Patriotic Program at school, yesterday. Daughter #6 missed being there, but I so enjoyed watching Son #3, Son #4 and Daughter #5 participate. Our wonderful school gives me hope for the future of our nation.
6. A new kitchen sink! Woo hoo! My Daddy gave us theirs (from their water damaged induced kitchen remodel) and I LOVE it. How fun is that?
Here's what it looked like before:
And here's the much improved "new" one:
7. Thursday night football game tonight. Because that means we'll have Friday night at home. Together. On Friday. All of us. (it's been awhile)
8. For a full night's sleep last night. No little ones sleeping on the floor beside the bed. No kids coming in and out and in and out. I can handle three or four hours of sleep for a few nights, but I think I'd reached my limit. And I'm pretty sure the Coach had reached HIS limit for dealing with me when I'm so grumpy and tired. Ha! And for those of you with new babies? Who are up every night? Getting very little sleep? I'm so sorry. I've done that a few times, myself.
9. That Little Man survived the "Febreeze Incident". I did almost cry when I saw two whole bottles of Febreeze sprayed all over our breakfast room, kitchen, computers, desk chair, window, window sill and floor. It was my fault for asking a flu-stricken daughter to watch him while I picked up the kids. She fell asleep! We keep him around because he's so stinkin' cute, though!
10. For a day OFF school, tomorrow. Ahhhhhh. If only the Coach were off, too! But I'm going to enjoy the fact that he'll be home with us on a Friday night. The break will hopefully help everyone recover and catch up on rest around here.
11. For e-mail and Renweb - such a blessing to have an easy way to keep in touch with teachers and get missed work. And such wonderful teachers they are!
12. For "Window Markers" - which sound awful, but have, in fact, been a lot of fun!
13. For Playmobil - which has made these MANY rainy (and some sick) days go more quickly. When the kids aren't fighting about who gets the treehouse. Ha!
14. Prayer. I struggle a bit with knowing God is completely sovereign, yet knowing He asks me to bring all things to Him. But when life gets overwhelming (like now) I understand more and more why I need to "continue in prayer". I'm learning.
And now, my dear friends? I'm going to take full advantage of our day at home (with two extra kids who are still home from school) to get the bathrooms cleaned and some of the sheets washed. And make something warm and comforting for dinner.
Happy Thursday - may the Lord give you His grace for today.