Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm not feeling very inspired, this morning.  Or eloquent.  Or awake.  But I am feeling thankful.  And I've got a mug of coffee (my "She Who Must Be Obeyed" mug, nonetheless), pumpkin muffins, and a gorgeous view out my kitchen window.

As inspiring as those are. . . my brain still feels fuzzy and overloaded with all of the prayer needs of those I love.

But here we are.  Thursday.  And for this week?  Our last day of school.  Time to be thankful.

1.  Great friends (cousins among them) for my kids.

2.  Laughter (of said kids and their friends last night).

3.  A clean house.  Although I probably should check behind the furniture one more time for remnants of "The Candy Wars I"  and II, and III. . .

4.  14 dozen Chocolate Chip Cookies baked and sent to school this morning for tonight's Fall Festival.  Whew.

5.  The Psalms.  Spending a lot of time there, lately.  Especially with Daughter (#6).

6.  Fall Festival tonight at school.  And not having to cook dinner!  Yay!

7.  Day out of school tomorrow.  There is, of course, basketball practice and a football game.  But a slower pace in the morning will be lovely.

8.  New fireplace screen installed by Granddad and the Coach last night.  Looks great!  Can't wait for our first fire (gas logs - I love them!) of the season.  Soon!

9.  Christmas Branson trip planned and reservations made.

10.  Have I mentioned how much I love all of the Fall flowers that Son (#3) planted for me?  I have?  555 times?  Well, I do.

11.  A still, sunny, cool morning.  The wind wears me out.

And now, I think I'll join Little Man on the couch for an episode of "Phineas and Ferb" while Daughter (#6) is still sleeping off a rough night.

Happy Thursday!

What are YOU thankful for, today?

No comments: