Well, I've been tagged by ZimmsZoo! I haven't done this before - but it looks fun!
Seven random things.
1. Growing up I only wanted to be one thing - a mother. Thought it would be great to have fourteen boys. God had other plans, though, and my four boys keep me VERY busy! Along with the four girls, of course. I also thought I'd marry at 18. But it was three years after that when the Coach came along!
2. I attended a small private Christian school through fourth grade - when my parents took my brother (a Junior) and I out and started homeschooling. I wasn't thrilled about it. But I loved having more time to read. And travel. And I'm sure my mom wouldn't be one of my dearest friends if we hadn't had that time together.
3. I love to clean, cook and entertain. It's gotten harder with a house full of mess-makers, but I love it still. Just don't expect things to be perfect! Martha Stewart is impressive, but she doesn't have eight children and a budget, does she?
4. Never in my wildest imaginations did I dream that I would marry a teacher. A MATH teacher! Especially after being homeschooled, myself. And I don't have a college degree. He loves me, still! And can you imagine having your very OWN math tutor in-house for homework help? DIVINE!
5. I have two older brothers, both have six kids. The Coach has two sisters and seven brothers. All of them have kids for a total of 57 something cousins for our kids. FIRST cousins. We live around the corner from the Coach's parents AND his sister and her family. We live 2 1/2 miles from my parents, grandfather, grandma and the Coach's grandma.
6. We homeschooled our oldest for two years before he and daughter (#2) started attending our school. I was expecting Daughter #6 at the time. I thought putting them in school, even the very BEST school, where the Coach teaches and their Papa was headmaster, was second-best to being home. Little did I know what a blessing it would be!
7. I lived in the same house from birth until marriage. So did the Coach. Both of our parents have moved, since, though. And the Coach and I? This is our third house. We love it here - with almost all of our family VERY close by.
Well, that wasn't hard. Or particularly random. But I'd LOVE to hear YOUR randomness. So I'm tagging Lori, at Crazy Daisy, CJ, at loud but happy, Jo at Jo's Kitchen Table, and The Anderson Zoo.
In the meantime, the laundry calls! And the dishes and the dust, and the cereal that Little Man dumped on the floor while I wrote this. Off I go!
Happy Monday, All!
Pray for our nation~