This will be long. I apologize in advance.
I know it's not Thursday.
But I didn't figure that out until I'd been on the treadmill for about 2 miles at 5 something this morning.
You know how some weeks the days get all mixed up?
Tell me I'm not the only one that does this!
At least it was a day behind and not the other way around.
It's terrible to wake up and think "FRIDAY! YEAH!" and then realize that it's not.
I'm going to give credit to our nasty stomach virus that keeps on giving.
But is hopefully all given out.
So here's yesterday's list - which I didn't do yesterday because I was hand addressing the Christmas cards.
And there is only so much "disposable" time in a day. I spent all of that and some laundry, dishes and house time, as well.
1. The Christmas cards are mailed! Woo hoo!
2. No one has thrown up for almost 48 hours! Woo hoo!
3. I'm sitting in a unusually quiet house with a Diet D.P. from Sonic and I'm on the computer. IS there anything so lovely?
4. Daughter (#2) stayed home to rest today (she was the most recent victim of aforementioned stomach virus - round 2) and was delightful company. Almost makes me want to homeschool. But then she'd have to DO school and I'm fairly certain that wouldn't be fun for long.
5. The Coach brought the kids home from school three days this week. THREE! That means THREE days I stayed home all day. Does it get any better?
6. Football season is over. It IS sad that they lost last Saturday (while I was battling the forces of the evil virus having taken over 6 of the kids. By myself.) But what a year!
7. The Coach has been home more this week than the last four months combined! I'm starting to remember why I married him in the first place. He's wonderful!
8. A "Girl's Night" on Tuesday celebrating the arrival of our newest niece (we have 57 nieces and nephews - all VERY loved!).
9. Heat. And that we live in the central part of the US. Because I'm a big weenie when it comes to the cold. Big time. In fact I'm cold right now. And I can't imagine how people further North survive Winter without freezing to death. They must have warmer clothes than I do.
10. Flannel Sheets. Crazy Daisy brought me some. And they are RED! Can you believe it? I wasn't sure about the whole thing - being a high thread count cotton girl for SO long. But lately I can't seem to get or stay warm (the Coach says it has nothing to do with our thermostat being on 60) and the sheets are AMAZING. LOVE THEM. What a sweet friend.
11. And speaking of. I actually got to SEE and HUG Crazy Daisy's neck on Friday. How awesome is that? And for future reference, anyone who brings you flannel sheets deserves a big hug!
12. A free Saturday. Tomorrow. Divine. Can't remember the last one we had. Was it July?
13. The tree is up. Just up. But I'm grateful. It's a start!
And last but not least, I know I've been somewhat delinquent in the kiddo's birthday department, but I'm going to catch up. Soon.
We celebrated Daughter (#7) turning four in October. Four. Another year or so and she can take over my job. I'm not even kidding.
And then ON Thanksgiving, my sweet little Peanut, Daughter (#5), turned 7. SEVEN. Never mind that she's the size of her 4 year old sister. She's very grown up - I can't wait to tell you about her.
And last but not least, my eldest, my firstborn son, turned THIRTEEN on Saturday. He had the most interesting birthday ever in the history of our family. His dad gone all day at the week 3 class A football playoffs and six younger siblings puking all over the place. What a trooper. Seriously. He has the best attitude ever. And he's grateful, too, which makes life a lot more fun. And did I mention he's taller and WAY stronger than I am? Love it.
We had a proper celebration on Wednesday. I'll tell you about it, later.
Remember I said I had a lot to be grateful for? Well, this only touches the tip of the iceberg, but I hope it's made you think about all that God has done for you this week.
Most importantly, whether your life is good, difficult or impossible, He's given you the Hope of Salvation in His Son, Jesus Christ.
Thank Him for that today.
And leave me a comment and tell me what YOU are thankful for! Yesterday, today, just PICK ONE and tell me something.
Happy Thursday. OH - I mean FRIDAY! IT'S FRIDAY! YEAH!