Wednesday, April 1, 2009

ESCE

Here are my four girls (they aren't this little, anymore!) after the 2007 ESCE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's that time.
I dread it twice each year.
If only I could put it off indefinitely.
But I can't.
They have to wear SOMETHING. Easter is coming up quickly.
You DO know what I'm talking about, right?
the Extreme Spring Clothes Exchange.
Not to be confused withe the EFCE (Extreme Fall Clothes Exchange).
You who know me well, know how much I hate switching out the kids clothes. It's an overwhelming and long process. Yet it must be done.
I'm also working on getting over having everything ELSE caught up before I tackle the clothes. Because if I wait until then? It won't happen!
Today I'm going to be grateful we HAVE clothes to switch out. Grateful that my list of "to buy" needs is always short. The Lord's provision? It's abundant.

(Pictures to come.)

6 comments:

Blommom said...

You're not alone. I hate it too, but have half the kids!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. My #3 daughter has NEEDEED shorts out, so has started the clothes exchange for warmer weather. The rest of us are still happily wearing our warmer clothes, and even winter jackets, but not #3. We are still awaiting those nice warm sunny days that require shorts! Shoes also are needing to be replaced, not always spares of those in the basement! Have fun, and it is always wonderful to see all that does not need to be purchased.

Lori Leigh said...

Good luck with that! I have to do that also. Along with finding Easter clothes! Ugh!

The Anderson Zoo said...

I know...I started that process last week the day BEFORE I got sick. Our room looks like it threw up clothes. They are everywhere. However, Easter outfits are ready thanks to my Mom. So...I'm joining you in this dreaded time of year. However, when I am going through & switching & even getting rid of some things I too am reminded of God's provision.

Guess I have mixed feelings. :)

Corrie said...

I get worn out enough just doing my own clothes...P won't let me touch his. ;P It used to be quite an ordeal at our house.

Hope it goes really well!

Zimms Zoo said...

My mom makes the girls dresses every year which is so nice.

I did the switch about 2 weeks ago. My kids have been freezing ever since. Thankfully I left out jeans and hoodies. Shame on me!