In no particular order:
1. I'm thankful that even though our treadmill isn't working and we haven't been able to find the part that it needs, my parents' house (and treadmill) is just three miles away. And they have a TV with cable to watch - not all bad! Although I'm not sure that I should watch the food network while I walk. Came home awfully hungry last night!
2. I'm thankful for a GOOD time with friends, yesterday. Our kids just have a ball together! And so much fun to have a baby in the house!
3. I'm thank for the thunderstorms, last night. Love it. And it's an unusual treat in January. Even if I did have to get out in it.
4. I'm thankful for the testimony of dear ones who are going through a hugely difficult trial. Praying without ceasing for them, today.
5. I'm thankful for the Jr. High basketball tournament, today, tomorrow and Saturday. Our two oldest love the game. I love watching them. Even if it means missing nap time.
6. I'm thankful for lunch with a dear, dear friend on Monday. Have missed her. It was nice to catch up a bit. Even if Little Man was a mess through the whole thing.
7. I'm thankful for this book and the study with my sisters-in-law in the Coach's family. Thankful for his mom. I've been learning from her since before the Coach and I were married - and I still have so much to learn!
8. I'm thankful for God's timely and perfect provision. The more I learn about His faithfulness, the easier it is to trust Him.
9. I'm thankful for the strength to care for my family, our home, prepare meals, exercise, enjoy fellowship with others. I really don't want to take it for granted.
10. I'm thankful for the Coach's Sunday school lessons in our "Faith and Family" class the last two weeks. He's teaching this. So so good.
11. I'm thankful for the lessons the Lord is teaching me. About listening. About asking questions. About listening to Him. About letting things go. About forgiving. About believing what He says about me. And those I love. This is changing how I think.
Well, I'm off to get this day going. Laundry, cleaning out the fridge, cleaning the kitchen, making a plan for dinner (to eat between games), errands, getting the house in order. And if I have a chance before the ball games this afternoon, some work at my desk. That always seems to get left undone! Oh. And those Christmas thank yous. It's probably about time to finish those up, as well!
And today? Know that:
"You are loved with an everlasting love
. . . and underneath are the everlasting arms."
(Elisabeth Elliot from Jer. 31:3 and Deut. 33:27)
The Lord our God loves YOU. Trust Him with your day. Spend time in the Word. As my mother-in-law tells us. . . if you change your thinking (with the Truth), that will change your emotions and your actions. I don't know about you, but I have some emotions and actions that need to be changed!