Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday

In spite of all of the kind, loving, and soveryencouraging comments. . . as I reread yesterday's post, it sounded much more like "Whining Wednesday" than the update I was going for.

I apologize.

And to get my attitude back where it belongs, I spent my time trying to go back to sleep last night, after being awakened over and over, by a little girl who SHOULD NOT have eaten chili for dinner (duh!  whatwasithinking?), beginning to make a thankful list for today.

The only problem?

I could only think of one thing for my list.

Hopefully, that is only because every time I fell asleep and was wakened once again, I had to start all over.  Surely there is plenty to be thankful for.

1.  A hair cut.  After four months.  So nice.

2.  Chili for dinner last night (first time this Fall!).  9 of us enjoyed it.  Well, ten enjoyed it, but 9 seem capable of actually digesting it.

3.  A good long visit with a sweet friend, yesterday, who I have missed terribly.  And what happened to those days of talking on the phone while shushing my toddlers and cleaning the house?  I miss that.  I don't have time (to talk on the phone), toddlers, OR a clean house, anymore.

4.  "The A Team" on Netflix.  We are on our second trip through all five seasons.  They are oh-so-predictable.  And funny.  And it's even funnier that my 7 year old GIRL is the one wanting to watch them!

5.  Pumpkin muffins.  Son #3 made a batch on Sunday and they were gone sometime Monday.  I'm sure I didn't eat more than half of them, myself.  And for those of you who missed the post on FB, here's the recipe on my BFF's blog.  Just use the batter to make 3 doz muffins instead of loaves.  Or a combination of the two.

6.  A back-up pair of glasses.  Little Man decided to "try on" my favorite pair one morning this week, while I was in the shower and then set them by the chair and then hopped down ON them.  Oh well.  Glad I have another pair to put on in the mornings. . . those contacts just WILL NOT go in at 5:45.  Ugh.

7.  My hard-working husband/Coach.  I haven't been feeling great this week, and he has walked in the door every evening ready to help.  Dinner, homework (of the math variety, I can handle the rest), baths, bedtime.  It's all seemed a bit overwhelming to me since I'm a bit under the weather.  But he handles it all gracefully AND sends me to bed early while he waits up for the older kids.  I love my Coach!

8.  Parents who are back in town after two weeks away.  I missed them.

9.  Our sunroom.  I never would have guessed how USEFUL that room would be when we moved here 7 years ago.  It's school-room, play-room, craft-room, treadmill-room, extra dining-room, and this time of year it's SO pretty out there!

10.  The trampoline.  Dangerous, yes.  Wonderful at getting all that extra energy out of the kids after school?  YES!

11.  Along with that, the basketball court, swing set, big backyard.  So blessed.

12.  Cooler weather.  80's are better than 100's any day.


Now I'm off to tackle the laundry, dishes, and vacuuming, get dinner in the crockpot, and hide my glasses while I take a quick shower.  Ha!

Happy Thursday!

Leave me a comment and let me know one thing YOU are thankful for today. . .

No comments: