Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

In just a couple of weeks, the troops will assemble again - to celebrate Christmas.  I can't wait.  When Son #4 got married this Summer, the only time all of us were together was at the actual wedding.  I may not like it, but that is reality with a big family - there are jobs and kids and obligations that keep us from being together as often as we'd like.

And since that last Summer wedding, we've welcomed another grandson into the troops.  Our original 10 now number 16.  How awesome is that?

I can't wait to hug all of their necks - and my favorite things of all?  To watch them all together, laughing, talking, giving each other a hard time (always).  Playing with the babies and doing puzzles and eating cinnamon rolls.  It's truly the best gift I could every receive.

But the best thing of all?  Is that when they all leave and go back to their own homes - I'll miss them terribly - but I'll still be sitting here beside my Coach, thankful every day to be his wife, enjoying life with him, even though we're old and crazy tired.

Each time this song plays in my Christmas playlist, it reminds me.  So. Very. Blessed.  I truly do have all I want for Christmas.  

So yes, things keep changing here at the troops.  The day to day is quieter.  The times we're all together are even crazier.  But at the end of the day, we're about to celebrate 28 years together - and it just keeps getting sweeter.






No comments: