Had every intention of posting on Thursday last week. Really needed to. Didn't happen.
So pretend with me that it IS Thursday. Here is a quick "Thankful List" to get you up to speed with what's going on at the troops.
1. The Coach is feeling much better and recovering from pneumonia. Rough week for him. Glad he's on the mend.
2. The Farm was BEAUTIFUL last week. Enjoyed it with friends AND cousins. Such gorgeous weather and delightful company (while the Coach rested at home).
3. Getting things in shape here around the house. Cleaning out cabinets and closets and sorting, organizing and chunking. Feels good.
4. I am feeling SOOOOOO much better. Truly. Lots of things have helped. Most of all? Went off caffeine, sugar and diet d.p. Ouch. But so worth it. I have energy and am seeing life through much rosier glasses. Whew.
5. God's provision. It's always on time and it's always sufficient. Sometimes I have to say that in faith - when there are needs, knowing from His faithfulness in the past that He will be faithful, again. And in the meantime, doing everything I can to be a good steward.
6. Summer. It's been crazy. It's been great. And I'm not the LEAST bit ready for school to start in a month or so. (hear me screaming NO in the background?)
7. The Coach. He really is amazing - those of you who know him in real life know this. He's felt so horrible, but been so thoughtful. Even when he didn't have the energy to do anything, he never complained. And thank heavens he can sleep through all of the chaos at our house!
8. Sweet family (thanks, Mom) and friends who have had some of the kids over or watched little ones swim or done returns for me. What would I do without all of the help? Such a blessing.
9. For my eldest son. Who is about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. At the ripe old age of 13. For his tender heart, his hard work and tremendous responsibility. I'm gonna miss that boy!
10. For good sleep. Since the day I went off sugar and caffeine I have slept better than I have in years. What a blessing! It's amazing how different one feels when one is rested. Ha!
Good night, dear friends. Thank you for your love, your concern, your friendship to us here at the troops. I'm off to bed (the Coach went long ago) and although I like to pretend it's not, it's the beginning of another crazy, wonderful week. Blessings on you all.