Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday

The days are flying by, here at the troops.  With games four nights a week (football and volleyball), six in school, groceries, meals, cleaning, laundry. . . you know!  

But since it's Thursday, it's time to pause for a moment and remember a few things I am thankful for this week. 

1.  Daughter (#6) doing SO much better with school!  Even a tear free morning, yesterday!  Yeah!  I'm so grateful.  It's been a rough three weeks.

2.  Son (#1) scored TWO touchdowns on Monday night!  So much fun!  He loves football.  OH how he loves it!  I love watching him - and his Coach!  

3.  Daughter (#2) has improved SO much on her serving in volleyball.  I think she had 7 or 8 really good serves Tuesday afternoon.  Really enjoying seeing her improve.

4.  Started back to BSF on Tuesday (at least I will if there is a spot available for me after next week's intro).  Little Man went for his first time and loved it.  Daughter (#7) was so happy to go back.  Really fun to be with my mom, sister-in-law and another dear friend.  

5.  Daughter's (#5) blue cast is filled up with happy blue signatures.  She's doing really well with it - at school all week - and looking forward to a shorter cast (and more signing!) on Monday.

6.  Getting settled into the school routine.  So grateful that teachers haven't assigned any big projects, yet.  We've just barely been getting it all done, as it is! 

7.  New crepe myrtles for the back fence - and some new hydrangeas for one of the front flower beds.  How fun is that?

8.  Lots of rain!  I know some of you don't like the cloudy, cool and sunless days.  But me?  I love it!  I don't know why - maybe it just feels good to "cozy in" and enjoy being indoors and getting things done.  The best part of all?  Not having to water!  Ha!

9.  Date nights with my Coach.  I know it much easier for us now that we have built-in babysitters, but getting to spend time with my favorite person in the world most Saturday nights?  It's wonderful!  Can you tell I'm already looking forward to it?

10.  FALL!  I love Fall.  It's my favorite season.  It the busiest for us, for sure.  But I love the cooler weather, falling leaves, football and most of all?  It reminds me of when I fell in love with the Coach - 15 years ago - in the Fall.

You know what I'm the MOST grateful for this week?  That even though we live in this world (with the good and the bad), deal with money and STUFF and budgets and schedules and things wearing out and breaking and going very wrong. . . that we have hope in Christ that this isn't all there is.  Some days?  Things are really great wonderful amazing here at the troops.  But some days?  It's the hope of heaven that reminds me to keep on keeping on.

Isn't God good to TELL us that this isn't all that there is?  Makes it possible to ENJOY life here on earth and remember what really matters.

Happy Thursday!

And now we're off to the grocery store. . . 


6 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

I love your list! Thanks for sharing. I'm also thankful for the rain. But I have to say that it would be nice for the kids to get out and play some! Maybe I should have them start working on an ark! Have a great Thursday friend!

Sumer said...

Loved your list! Meant to do that this week, really meant to . . . Glad things are going well over at the Troops!

Anonymous said...

I would be thankful for some of your rain, the grass around here is getting very brown, but it was good weather for painting doors this week!

Leah Belle said...

i love fall, too! such a beautiful and fun time of year!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your closing comments on being grateful. I "borrowed" some of your phrases to help my Granddaughter with an essay, and also shared some of the thoughts in an email. You are encouraging in more far reaching ways than you ever imagined. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Yay for BSF! I go to the one over at Council Road, and it is such a blessing. I'm glad you're getting to participate too! :)