Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Because it's Thursday AND it's about time I write something that ISN'T whiny on this blog. Ha!

1. Beautiful weather. Sunshine. It feels like I've been cold for forever. Brrrrrr. And my kids are SO tired of my green fleece pull-over.

2. Trip to the library with Little Man this morning. Sweet times.

3. Quick visit to my parents. And one of my dad's fabulous cafe' lattes. Yum!

4. A clean house.

5. Healthy kids.

6. Much quieter week than last week. I am finally catching my breath for the first time in a LONG time.

7. First "real" run, yesterday, since Austin. Felt like I was 100 years old. But I did it.

8. Tomorrow is Friday. Can I get an AMEN?

9. The possibility of a nap, today. (trying to keep my expectations low, though)

10. Time with Son (#3) yesterday spending his B&N gift cards. Love that boy!

11. BSF lessons in Isaiah. "The more we know about God's character, the easier it is to trust Him." Wow.

12. The "mellowness" that comes with having been a parent for awhile, now.

13. A family that I love and enjoy being with.

14. Rumikub

15. A big backyard (and basketball court) that has been filled with kids every afternoon this week. And the reminder of what a blessing this house is.

16. Two vehicles that meet our needs, run well, and are even "nice" (even if my kids were complaining, yesterday, about how dirty the van is, inside)

17. Books. More specifically, "What Did You Expect?" and "So Long Insecurity". Now I need to find something "lighter" to read!

18. My three boys who protect me and treat me with tenderness. They are growing into wonderful young men!

19. More conversation time with my Coach this week. Makes all of the difference in MY attitude!

20. Oatmeal with Craisins.

21. That we have finished: "I Am Special" poster (Kindergarten), Homecoming (8th grade and Kindergarten), Presidential Tea (3rd grade), Science Fair (8th grade), Timeline (2nd grade), State report (4th grade), Speech Meet (6th and 2nd grades), Basketball (9th and 8th grades), enrollment for next year, AND the Austin 1/2 marathon.

Which reminds me, tomorrow is Math Olympics and Dr. Seuss' birthday celebration. Never a dull moment, right?


If I don't get off the computer and feed Little Man some lunch, he's going to fall asleep! My eyes are heavy, too. (yawn)

What are YOU thankful for, today?

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Lori Leigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corrie said...

It's been a bit since I've checked your blog - had company for almost 3 weeks! I just want you to know how much I love reading it and how encouraging it always is... :)