Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

A quick list this morning, since it takes me all morning just to get the house picked up, do the breakfast dishes, start the laundry, and take a shower with this silly boot on my leg.  Grrrr.

1.  Finally getting a clear diagnosis on the pain in my lower leg.  Stress fracture.  And a boot.  For a month.

2.  The opportunity to learn patience.

3.  The gift of something to NOT complain about.

Enough about the leg. . .

4.  Lovely new 12 passenger van.  In silver.  The Coach SUPER DUPER (as Little Man would say) surprised me.  The side pockets aren't even sticky, yet.

5.  New kitchen counters and back splash which (if all goes well) should be finished up today.  Woo hoo!  I know we all want everything NOW, but let me tell you. . . waiting six years for something makes it THAT much more fun! 

6.  Three more days of school until Christmas Break.  So ready for a break.  So.  Ready.

7.  That I've done some of the Christmas shopping.  Please don't laugh.  It's not funny.  I'm doing the best I can!

8.  Christmas cards are ordered.  Should be able to get them mailed before New Years.  Ha!

9.  Our desktop computer is fixed.  And the photos are saved.  Yay!

10.  A chauffeur in the family.  Really nice to be driven places so I can leave the boot on and not have to take it off to drive, then put it on to go in a store, then off to drive, and on to go in. . . you get the idea.

11.  School Christmas program tonight.  One of my all time favorite things.  Ever. 

12.  Two kids in the High School choir this year.  I'd join them if I could.

13.  Online Christmas Shopping (for the things I HAVE crossed off the list)

14.  Cinnamon candles

15.  Cookies baking in the oven

16.  Starbucks dates with my Chauffeur in his awesome new red truck 

17.  Chick-fil-A lunches with my parents

18.  Wedding anniversaries

19.  Family pictures through the years. . . Biggest Loser finales (I haven't finished watching it all on Hulu, so don't spoil it for me!). . . Christmas cards in the mail. . . Cousins to play with. . . Cafe' Mocha coffee creamer. . . Kids with sensitive consciences. . . Lunch with girlfriends. . . Hugs and goodnight kisses times 8. . . Getting text messages from the Coach during the day. . .

Really?  I could go on and on.

But like I said. . . it takes me awhile to, well, to do pretty much anything. . .

So I should get started.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Fred Love said...

Love this! Sorry about the stress fracture. No fun. I started running recently - just intervals, but I love it! I'd love to see what kind of training program you were doing. I'm hoping to the OKC half this year! That sounds really crazy/awful! Why in the world would anybody want to run that far?! ;)

Corrie said...

I love your Thankful Thursday lists. It's nice to hear about big or little things going on in your family and it always brings to mind the things I have to be thankful for - like a little boy who adores reading books and would gladly be read to all day if I had the time and patience! So fun to have these one-on-one days with him now... :)

Miss you guys SO MUCH! Wish I was going to get to see you this weekend along with Allison and Michelle! *sniff*

jo said...

I can just feel your heart bursting with the lovingkindness of God. So happy for your sweet season friend. I know you are taking joy in His goodness and care for you. Love you much. Merry Christmas.