Thursday, December 13, 2012

Catching Up. . . On Sitting

So I may have been cleaning trash out of the car, yesterday, after 1/2 day dismissal.  Yes, it's the kids' job.  Yes, I do it on a regular basis.  Don't judge - it's quiet out there.

Then I may have, with both hands full, tried to get out of the side door of the mini-van.

Then I may have, possibly, missed the running-board with part of my foot.

Then I may have, maybe, rolled my ankle, fallen out of the car, and landed smack on the floor of the garage.

Graceful, I'm not.

But you know what?  I'm tough.  I think.  So I got up, took a few careful steps, and continued on.  Finished unloading the car, put the groceries away (the kids felt sorry for me and helped with that part), and realized it was hurting pretty badly.

While we ate lunch, I propped it up on pillows in the chair and sat.  Like a lump.  Doing nothing.

Miserable.

So miserable, in fact, that I decided propping it up was for the birds, so Son (#1) and I hopped in the car with a couple of little girls in tow. . . and headed out to finish up the Christmas shopping.

Around stop three or four. . . I got tired of wincing with every step.  And I was even more tired, at that point, of Daughters (#5 and #6) imitating my every step/limp.

We were quite a sight.  The three of us limping around.  Son (#1) opted to wait in the car, for some reason.  Hmmm.

Anyway, I reluctantly spent the rest of the evening with it propped up.

This morning I hopped out of bed and thought, "I'm good.  It's not too bad.  Less painful than yesterday."  And proceeded to tackle the house (which was messy from last night) and a long list of errands.

At this point I'm regretting trying to be "tough".  I'd post a picture, but alas.  I have some sense of decency left.  Somewhere.

Think "cankles".  Except only one.

But on the bright side, I've put my to-do list on my iphone, created a Christmas gift spreadsheet, added school party "to make and/or bring" items to google calendar, and cleaned out my email inbox.  And I watched some goofy Christmas movie that I've seen before, while looking at Pinterest.

That's productivity at it's finest.

I'm horrible at sitting still.  And I'm bored with it, already.

So just for fun. . . and because my kids don't want to hear me whine about my ankle, anymore. . . I thought it would be fun to post a few things I've had sitting on my computer for awhile.

It'll keep me from annoying everyone on Facebook.

Temporarily, at least.

Happy Thursday!


No comments: