Friday, April 5, 2013

Loving this SUNSHINE!

Thank you all for your sweet and encouraging comments on Tuesday's post about the temptations our guys face.  I was blessed by knowing there are so many of us on the same page - desiring the same things - with the same goals and struggles.  Bless you all.  I promise, anew, not to mutter under my breath the next 50 times I have to type in a password.

This morning I'm stuck at home while electricians are here.  Trying to get the house in order after a late night.  Looking at the piles of laundry and mail/papers and ohmydearheavens the email inbox.  Am I the only one who just quits looking after it hits 300?  Yikes.   The only problem with ignoring it?  My kids need to know how much to bring for "this" and when "that" starts and did I get the email with the attached permission form for "that"and did I send a check yet for ChoirTour-WashingtonDC-CreationNation-8thGradeRetreat trips?

Sigh.

I'd rather iron.

And I hate to iron.

Our two oldest have been gone on choir tour this week.  I miss them.  I love getting their texts about where they are singing and how much fun they are having and how someone was SAVED at their concert last night!

But can I just say?  It's quieter with six.

I know you are laughing.  I am, too.

But it's less food, less laundry, less noise.  I should mention the two that are gone are by far the quietest.  Although without Son #1 home I can cut the food volume in half.  Easily.

I still miss them.

And their ability to run errands, pick up kids, and bring home the afternoon carpool.

Yesterday we had a major crisis.  The coffee tasted HORRIBLE when I fixed the Coach's to-go cup for school.

After cleaning the coffee maker twice, washing the pot and letting it air dry, changing the filter and getting new creamers. . . we are back in business.

It did require a stop at Starbucks for my own morning caffeine fix.  Sad, I know.  Fortunately, my dad was there having coffee with a friend so we got to visit with him, too.  Is there a support group for Starbucks addiction?  Hmmmm.

For now, I'm off to refill my cup with coffee that is once again. . . delish. . . and make the best use of my stuck-at-home morning getting caught up on things here at the troops before the weekend and all of it's craziness hits:  Two volleyball games and a wedding on Saturday, Sunday morning choir concert for our kids, and running the Red Bud 10K on Sunday afternoon.

Each and every day I am grateful for my Coach and how he continues to talk me down from the ledge. Last night when I arrived home late with a little volleyball player and the house was a mess, the kids not settled down in bed, yet, my shins hurting, and in desperate need of a shower?

"This is just crazy," I told him, eyes glazed over while standing in the less than clean kitchen.

"Well.  It's just going to be crazy," he responded.

Eight kids from 6-17.  Six in school.  Homeschooling a 4th grader.  One Pre-Ker.  Three playing volleyball.  One taking piano lessons and training for the 1/2 marathon.  Four cars.  Two in after-school workouts.

And all of the books, homework, laundry, and food that go along with it all.

I love it.  I do.

Another group of workmen has arrived to put a counter in over my new washer and dryer, so the day is off to a running start.

Happy Friday!

No comments: