So six things that make me happy:
1. Time with the Coach. We had a glorious weekend to celebrate our 14th anniversary the weekend before Christmas. Thanks to my parents and sweet friends who kept kids over TWO nights! We ate at the Cheesecake Factory, watched "Ironman", shopped, slept in, ate at Ted's, went to see "Quantum of Solstice", slept in and enjoyed wonderful, restful QUIET at our own house. Truly glorious.
2. Having my kids out of school. We love breaks from school. I completely appreciate the importance of them getting an education, which is why they all attend our beloved school. But because of that, when they are home we PLAY! We sleep in, do puzzles, cook, watch movies, play outside (on nice days like today) and have a great time. They are all smart and funny and I so enjoy each of their personalities.
3. Home. I truly could stay home all of the time. Especially when it's clean. But even when it's not, it's my favorite place to be. It's not fancy, it's not perfectly decorated, but it's warm and cozy and comfortable and we love it. Such a blessing.
4. Extended family. Over the holidays we spent time with my 2 brothers and their families, both sets of parents and 6 of the Coach's 9 siblings. We enjoy being with all of them. The kids didn't fight with each other even one time. We had Christmas together, played games, ate and enjoyed our way through countless hours with family. All fun.
5. Our church. I've only been to church twice in the last 8 weeks. Twice. And not because I don't love it. But I stay home if someone needs to and we spent a couple of extra Sundays home together when Granddad died. After being gone that long, I really start to miss the worship, the teaching of the WORD and the fellowship. We are so blessed.
6. Reading. Five (going on six) of our kids love to read. And the Coach certainly does. We went to Barnes and Noble twice over the break (yeah gift cards)! Grandmother (my mom) has been known to quote rather often that it is a small percentage of the world's population that can read. I'm so grateful to be part of those who can. To be able to cuddle up with a good book on a cold day and have all of my children gathered around doing the same. Lovely.
What makes you happy? Leave me a comment, or if you are Crazy Daisy (you're always so creative!), Jo's Kitchen Table (everything you say encourages me, Girl!), The Anderson Zoo (be sure and include a picture of your cute kiddos!), Work in Progress (you haven't posted in awhile - here's your excuse), or Zimms Zoo (if the baby comes, you're off the hook!), TAG - YOU'RE IT!
Love you all ~