Been awhile since I've done a TT post and BOY do we need it here, today.
People (you know who you are) are always saying how "positive" and "encouraging" I am and how I always "find the bright side of things" (no, I'm not making this up).
And it's time to be honest.
Thankful Thursday is BECAUSE I USUALLY HAVE A ROTTEN ATTITUDE.
I'm just sayin'.
If I WERE thankful all of the time and DID have a positive outlook? Thankful Thursday wouldn't be so very necessary.
It gets my head back where it should be. "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
So now that I've told you the TRUTH. Here we go:
1. That it's Thursday. Because technically that means tomorrow will be Friday and WHEW BOY am I ready for Friday.
2. A great basketball season for Son #1. Tonight is his last game. He's learned, grown and improved a lot! Fun to watch.
3. For my Coach. I know I say this, often. But it can't be said enough. Truly. He's an amazing man. Patient (that is mighty necessary because I am somewhat of a challenge). Wonderful daddy to our kiddos. Works hard (wait until you see the kitchen walls!). Loves me unconditionally. I don't have to love him unconditionally (even though I do) because he's WAY easy to love and live with.
4. My parents safe return from Mexico. I'm grateful they are such a part of our daily lives. But I really miss them when they aren't here! And the lunch at Chick-fil-A? Mighty nice.
5. Safety. I'm pretty sure our guardian angels have done double time this week. Praise the Lord for His protection.
6. Nice weather. A blessing to have the kids able to play outside a lot, lately. Since the ice storm it's been positively Spring like. In fact, Saturday it reached 70!
7. That we survived. Because some weeks, I'm not sure we will. But we do. And God is still on His throne, still in control. Still loving us and working in us for His glory.
Happy Thursday, Friends!