Friday, August 7, 2009

Good News

Have you ever known what it was like to be the bearer of good news?

I remember when my dad called me to tell me the Coach had his permission to court me.

That was some GOOD NEWS!

And the day I told Coach that Son #1 was on the way (I honestly don't remember how I did it. Sorry.). Of course we've had lots of that kind of news around here over the years! Ha!

When God has provided a new or bigger car. Or this amazing house. Or the one before.

All good news.
But I keep thinking this week, as our Son #1 is half way around the world, that he's getting to share the "Goodest" news of ALL. With many who have never heard it.

"As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" (Rom. 10:15)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've been blessed to have somewhat regular communication with him over the last 8 days. E-mails, mostly. A couple of very treasured phone calls (both of which I managed to miss)! Some iphone photos. Even a couple of videos - one of Son helping to lead worship (hate to have missed THAT!).

Pretty amazing, really. When I had the blessing of taking trips around the world, we only called home if something was REALLY wrong. Ha! Love getting to hear from him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is where they are staying:


The view from their quarters - A beach!


When the tide is out:

My sweet mother has been blessed to speak to the Pastor's wives:

And hold some sweet, sweet babies!

Here are the Pastor's in their teaching sessions:

And our very missed, very much loved Son:

Thank you for all of your prayers on his behalf and on behalf of their team there. God is truly blessing the work. To Him be the glory.

And I think they are being mightily blessed in the sharing of the best of GOOD NEWS.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun to be able to keep in contact and hear and see what is happening while he is away! Thanks for sharing!

Sumer said...

Thanks for the update, we have been wondering! I know you are so proud. Have a great weekend sweet friend!

Corrie said...

What great pictures! :-)

Anonymous said...

neat to see your mom after all these years.. she was always so sweet.

what special memories your son is going to bring away from all this~

can't wait to hear more.

you inspire me in my mommyhood journey! :)

thank.

love. hugs.

amber~