1. Seven happy school kids (and one Little Man in his jammies). Freshman, eighth grade, 6th grade, 4th grade, 3rd grade, 2nd grade, and Kindergarten.
2. Extra thankful for a happy 2nd grader.
3. And a new Kindergartner.
4. And my first highschooler. Love that boy!
5. Teachers that love the Lord and love my kids.
6. And answer e-mails late at night.
7. Smooth mornings so far. Even with eight lunches to make and three heads of hair to fix (fortunately my eldest daughter can handle hers on her own -ha!).
8. Volleyball games. #2 tonight. And a daughter who loves to play.
9. Notebooks have all been assembled with labels, tabs and cover sheets. Eeeeesh.
10. School supplies have all been taken to school (do I hear an "AMEN"?). (and I forgot to take a picture of our bedroom where they were all stacked to the rafters. Bummer!)
11. Quiet afternoons.
12. Time with Little Man - cleaning, running errands, cooking - he's been so much fun!
I am so grateful we have survived the first two days. . . Friday is in our sights. . . . everyone is doing well. There aren't words for how grateful I am - how many prayers the Lord has already answered - how GOOD things are right now.
Sometimes in the dark moments, it seems like the sun will never shine again. Last year had some dark moments. I wasn't sure if we'd make it. If things would ever be "normal" again here at the troops. Whatever normal IS here, anyway. But you know what? God brought us through that for now. We are more dependent on Him AND each other - and that's all worth saying thank you for.
If you are in a moment, today, that is dark. . . that seems hopeless. . . that you don't have the answers for. . . God is faithful. The outcome may be uncertain, but God's love, faithfulness and goodness is NOT uncertain. You CAN trust Him.