Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Ahhhhh.  Thankful Thursday.  It's good to be here.

1.  Rain.  Can you believe it?  RAIN!

2.  Cool weather.  Feels so very cozy.  Like movie, popcorn, and hot chocolate cozy.  If I didn't have anything else to do.

3.  Tuesday night WIN for our Jr. High football team (Son #3's) to finish the season.  This will mean less football laundry and hopefully a less over-whelmed Coach at our house.

4.  Gloriously WORKING washing machine!  Woo hoo!  I'm so grateful.  There just aren't words. 

5.  Fall Break.  I'm sad it went so quickly (it was a busy four days!), but just the break from getting up so early and lunches and school clothes and homework. . . lovely.  Now we just have to hang in there until Thanksgiving, right?

6.  Oh.  My.  Heavens.  I'll have to go take a picture . . .
Last week my dad took Son #3 and Son #4 with him to run some errands.  He very graciously let them PICK something to bring home to me.  Have you every seen anything so beautiful? 



And it still has several blooms yet to open.  I've never had an orchid, before.  Such sweet thoughtful boys and such a generous Granddad, don't you think?

7.  Basketball starting (last week) for Daughter #2 and (this week) for Son #3.  Still a few weeks of football to go for Son #1. 

8.  Son #1 seems to be recovering well from his concussion last week.  It's not fun having to sit out practice and not be able to play in the Friday night games.  Bless his heart.  But, for some odd reason, the Coach and I are more concerned about his long-term mental and physical health than we are football.  Go figure.

9.  We are half-way through week 5, training for our next half-marathon.  Feeling much better this week than I was last week.  Running 10 this Saturday.  Trying not to think about it.  I DO love the time with the Coach.  And I've almost started liking getting up early to run with him.  Feels great to have it DONE before my day would normally be starting.

10.  Watching my kids with each other.  I would tend to say (being the pessimist that I am) that my kids fight with one another more than anything.  But over Fall Break, watching them on our trip, hiking, at the restaurant. . . then at home over the weekend, switching beds (three girls in one room, four boys in another and none of them can decide which bed they really want) back and forth (so glad the washer works - ha!), watching the little girls play school in the sun room, watching the boys work with the Coach in the yard, spending time with Granddad and Grandmother. . . it's fun.  It's loud.  It's crazy.  But it's fun.

And now. . . it's time to be productive.  In some way.  Maybe I can get enough done this morning to justify a nap with Little Man this afternoon.  Ha!

Happy Thursday!

What are you thankful for, today?

1 comment:

Zimms Zoo said...

I am SO jealous of the running. I haven't gotten any in this week, but a short run on Monday.

It is still so dark and our neighborhood is in the hood so the Zookeeper doesn't like me running in the dark. I will be glad for daylight savings.