Tuesday, January 22, 2008

O the Tangled Webs. . .

Several weeks ago (time is a vague thing around here), I decided to go out on a limb and get my very own Facebook page.

Now, let me explain something. I have no extra time. What little I do have, I spend here at Mrs. Troop. Or here. And that usually adds up to about five minutes a day - which means something else isn't getting done. Like the laundry, or the dishes, or the girl's hair.

But I have a sweet cousin - who lives on the West Coast, and she's been reading a little bit of Mrs. Troop, and I wanted to read some of her musings, as well. Hence the need to have my own Facebook page. Because (I realize everyone else in the entire universe knows this, even if I just learned it, myself), you have to HAVE your own page, to read someone else's. Not only that, it's all very safe. Even though you can see other people's friends, you have to ASK them to be YOUR friend before you can read their page and they can read yours.

The problem is, apparently, I've been stuck in the dark ages with this blogging thing. Because, the Facebooks - they are many.

Every day I get more requests to be someone's friend. And I keep finding people I haven't talked to in years (and yes, I've been sending the requests, myself). It's a thrilling thing, all of these people and pictures and "friends" everywhere, all connected by the thing we call the "Web".

Did I mention I don't have time for this? But I'm enjoying catching up with people. And although I have yet to actually USE my own page, it seems to be a good investment in order to keep up with old friends. And new ones, too.

So I'm leaping into modern technology. Or maybe falling into it.

At any rate, don't ask me to give up my blogging!

2 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

So, if I get a facebook page, will you be my friend? :)

Laura said...

You are funny!