Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday



1. For the beautiful big flakes of snow falling outside this morning!
~there are lots of surprises when you never watch the weather forecast
2. That Son (#4) is the only one who woke up with the stomach bug this morning.
3. That he seems to be fine, now.
4. For Lysol, paper towels, dishwashers, hot water and hand gel.
5. That all of my errands for today can wait until tomorrow.
6. For a sister-in-law who is picking up two things at the store for me.
7. For a house that is big enough to "quarrentine" kids when they are sick.
8. That the Coach is AT school with my children every day. It's wonderful to know he's there if they need him.
9. For a big crock pot of beans and sausage cooking away for dinner tonight.
10. That God is the Blessed Controller of ALL THINGS - and I can trust Him.
Leave me a comment and tell me something YOU are thankful for today!

5 comments:

Ariel said...

A very good list. It's easy to take the 'small' things for granted. I'm thankful for the sunrise, for my husband, for my mom, for money to do the things we need to do. Most of all, I'm thankful for a God that didn't just put me here to leave me but is walking with me every step of the way!

Lori Leigh said...

HA! I am laughing at your first one. I don't watch the weather either and am quite often taken by surprise!

I am thankful for faithful friends who encourage me and challenge me to bear good fruits and live wholeheartedly for God!

Lori Leigh said...

So seriously, I can't believe it is snowing there! Is it like an ice sleet kind of snow or the big fluffly snow that the kids can go play in?

Mrs. Troop said...

It's the big fluffy flakes kind of snow - but I'm not hopeful that it will last - it's cold, but not cold enough.
It's pretty, though!

The Anderson Zoo said...

I am thankful I was told about your "blog." It (and you) have been such an encouragement to me. Thank you for reminding me to be thankful. It changes how you view everything.
Hope you have a good day & enjoy the snow.