Do you ever feel that way?
Like JUST when you get into a routine, or JUST when the baby starts sleeping through the night, or JUST when you get a project done on the house. . .
You know what I mean, right?
Well, we had a "something" last night.
And before you ask, I've taken no pictures. Which, of course, I should have. But which, of course, I wouldn't show you, anyway. Because it would embarrass the subject of our "something".
Son (#3) - the birthday boy - broke his nose on his cousin's knee.
So here's my list of gratefulness regarding this event so far:
1. He was NOT hysterical. I would have been.
2. I was not hysterical. Which I could have been.
3. Even though I couldn't get the Coach at football practice, I was able to call our wonderful, kind, doctor friend who was very reassuring.
4. When the Coach DID call, he reminded me that our sweet neighbor is an ENT at a big hospital here - SO CALL HIM, already.
5. Which I did and he came over (Thank you, Dr. Neighbor!).
6. And besides being broken (HA!), he doesn't have complications. Thank you, Lord.
7. AND this kind Dr. Neighbor is setting up an appointment with the Pediatric ENT at aforementioned BIG hospital for Monday.
8. At which point they will sedate my sweet son and fix his crooked and currently very swollen nose. When it's not swollen, anymore.
9. He went to school today.
10. Cheerfully and all excited to tell everyone how brave he is! And show them his swollen, purple face.
11. His eyes didn't turn completely black.
12. The other boys think it looks, "WAY COOL, Bro!"
And now I'm off to whatever THIS day holds. Remembering that:
"You are loved with an everlasting love. . .
and underneath are the everlasting arms." (E.E)