Sunday, May 23, 2010

Keeping House

I do a lot of house work.

Are you laughing, yet?

My mom was here last Friday while I helped with a surprise baby shower for Daughter's 7th grade Bible teacher (did you get that?). She stayed with my little ones, my currently home-schooled 1st grader and the 2nd and 3rd graders who got out early. Whew.

(honestly it's a miracle that I haven't left someone somewhere, lately. probably shouldn't say that.)

Anyway, when I got home she had cleaned up the lunch dishes, unloaded the dishwasher and was cleaning up the back deck where construction has been going on for three something weeks. Or months. Or most of the last year.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am for my mom?

So she said that if all she had to do every day was the dishes that we dirty in this crazy house, she'd never get it all done. And she doesn't know how I keep up with not only the dishes, but the laundry, the house, the kids, the schedules, the yard (well, I barely make it out of the house, but somebody works in the yard).

Everyone needs a fan club. Even if it only has one member and she gave birth to me. (smile)

My point in all of this, is that I rarely get caught with the work of my actual, real-life, not cyberspace house.

And this blog? Well, it gets what's left. Which isn't much. Especially lately.

However, today, I worked a bit on my "link list" - took off some dear friends who are way too busy to keep up with a blog these days. . . and added a few new favorites. Truth is, I don't keep up very faithfully with many blogs. Not even the ones I love! I don't usually have time to even write my own! HA! But I do read a few - and they are mostly people I know. For real. I only occasionally read a couple that are "strangers" - and only when I am avoiding the house work.

So. . . blessings on your Sunday! And enjoy some of the new friends I've added on the right. . .

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm honestly amazed you ever have time to blog. I have 1/2 the amount of kids as you & can't seem to get around to it. You're Superwoman!

Corrie said...

I'm definitely a member of your fan club - if being a big fan is enough to constitute membership. :-)

You're absolutely amazing.

Sumer said...

You are a wonderful friend and mama! I love reading about your mom!