Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lost

I'm not talking about the recently concluded TV show, here. Never watched it. No time to get into a show like that. I haven't consistently watched any shows since Alias ended. Now that was a good TV show.

But I've told you before how much I hate losing things.

I'm not sure if it's really because it's inconvenient. Or if it's because it makes me feel like I'm not organized and "together".

Whatever the reason, things usually turn up eventually.

And in the meantime, don't you hate how things just sit there in your mind waiting to be found and "checked off" the list?

Right now at the troops we are missing the Living Room TV remote. Such a pain. And a Wishbone DVD from the library that we never even watched. I'm thinking maybe it wasn't in there to begin with. But I won't be able to prove that.

All of those library fines? I like to think of it as supporting the community. We do a lot of supporting the community here.

The very worst kind of lost, though, is when I FEEL lost. Confused, overwhelmed. Sad.

I have a friend who I know is feeling really lost this week after losing her husband. She has four kids. A home. A business. And she has to deal with it all by herself, now.

But as I've prayed for her continually these last three days, I've found myself remembering over and over (as I get overwhelmed for her) that the Lord has her in His hand. Has each of those children in His hand. He will care for her. She's not alone. She's not really lost. Her Heavenly Father will come to her defense.

The loss she is dealing with has to be the hardest of all. But it's not out of the realm of God's love and peace.

Praying for you, today, My Friend.

1 comment:

Lori Leigh said...

Praying for your friend. I can't even imagine.