Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

My overwhelming feeling (and I know feelings aren't necessarily truth - but they are an indication of what's going on inside) lately, has been one of having too much. Too much to do. Too many kids (though I wouldn't trade it!). Too much food to buy and cook. Too much laundry to get done. Too much on my to do list. Too much pain in my neck (literally). Too much on the calendar. Too many phone calls and e-mails. Too many dishes. Too many. . . well. . . you get the idea.

But if I'm going to change my feelings, I have to change my thinking. Begin to think about what IS true (not just what I feel). You know what is true today? God's goodness. His love for us. I'm so grateful for that.

Here are a few other things. . .

1. We haven't blown away in this crazy wind!

2. My knees quit hurting on Monday. Whew.

3. Favor with the insurance company and a soon-to-be new roof! Yeah!

4. Only four weeks of school left. Ahhhh.

5. That the Lord is helping me be OK with NOT having it all together. Not being perfect. Not doing it all. Not always saying, YES. I don't LIKE it, but I'm OK with it.

6. A clean house. Sort of. Minus the laundry piles and dishes.

7. A quieter day, today. Wednesdays are crazy.

8. A beautiful yard. And three boys and a Coach who keep it that way.

9. Bird feeders and birds to watch. Little Man told me yesterday, "That bird is singing to me, Mom!"

10. That the red Sharpie came out of the carpet. Long story. Abundant relief.

11. That Daughter (#6) is catching up on some sleep this morning. And praying for her next week as she has surgery on her neck.

12. For God's grace to us, as parents, in spite of my inadequacies. Which are huge. Ugh.


Here's to holding on tight and riding this crazy roller coaster of the last few weeks of the school year without falling off! I will miss the "quiet" of the Winter months. But not the cold. And I will look forward to Summer when we can take a break from this hectic schedule. Not looking forward to being without the Coach and Son #1 for two weeks. But I will look forward to our beach vacation. It will be here before I know it!

Blessings on your Thursday!

2 comments:

The Zookeeper said...

Be sure and let me know when her surgery is. I want to bring a meal over for you guys and maybe something special for her too.

Don't forget!!!!!!!!!!!!

jo said...

Love you friend. I'm so proud of your recent 1/2 marathon. Maybe we can walk one together someday. I'm still working on Hubs to come run in OKC.