Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Fairies

A transformation has taken place at my house.
It all started with a delicious dinner from Ted's (YUM!).
The kitchen was cleaned.
The laundry folded.
And wonder of all wonders - EVERY SINGLE Christmas gift was wrapped.
(It even required a trip to get more paper)
HOW, you ask?
HOW was this accomplished in one single night?
Well, it certainly wasn't me.
But I'll let you in on a little secret.
I have Christmas fairies.
Actually, they come other times of the year, too.
But at Christmas time when the to do list is too long for the paper,
and the house is a mess,
and the kids are hungry,
and the gifts are all thrown in the closet in piles,
and I am generally OVERWHELMED,
Here they came.

People ask me almost every day HOW DO YOU DO IT?
And you know what I tell them? I have an amazing husband AND great kids.
But I also have HELP (the fairies - otherwise known as my sweet parents).
That's how I do it all. Lot's of wonderful, generous, kind, giving HELP from my mom and dad.

What a blessing!

5 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

Awww.... how wonderful! That REALLY makes me miss having my parents so close. I'm so glad yours are!

Anonymous said...

So I just want to say that I am REALLY going to miss reading your blog the next week or so! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas celebration!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful that your parents live so close and are so sweet and thoughtful to help you out! What a blessing they are!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you will be posting your next installment of your love story. I'm TOTALLY hooked and can't wait to find out how your parents handled everything. How YOU handled everything and how the coach managed to win your heart and your father's trust! :) I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

Happy Ho Ho Ho to you!