Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thankful Thursday - Ice Storm Edition


Can it really be Thursday, again?
Whew.
Feels very much like a roller coaster.

In the spirit of the adventure that has been this week, today's list of thankfulness will have a theme - here goes:

1. ELECTRICITY
2. HEAT (powered by, you got it - electricity)
3. LIGHTS (yep, again, electricity is involved)
4. Candles (that's encase of NO you-know-what)
5. Blankets
6. Fireplaces (ours is gas - so it was nice and toasty - and expensive!)
7. Parent's house (WITH electricity)
8. Brother-in-law, sister-in-law, niece and nephews (Also WITHOUT electricity and camping out with us at the aforementioned parent's house)
9. Hot Chocolate
10. Microwave popcorn
11. Cable TV (at the parent's house - not here)
12. Washer and Dryer (I can't adequately describe the amount of laundry that piled up during the power outage - wait a minute, we weren't even HERE! There must be devious little elves that come into my house when I'm gone and get things dirty! AAARGH!)
13. School IN today (can I say QUIET?)
14. That the Coach is diligent in trimming trees (and we have many) away from the house on a regular basis - I guess the chainsaw was a necessary purchase, and not just an excuse to buy something loud and dangerous, after all.
15. The Coach's 4 wheel drive Monterro. It DOES NOT slip or slide. Ever.

I realize that I have a strange perspective on gratefulness after the week that we've had. But truthfully, how many of us take these basics for granted?
Did I mention ELECTRICITY?
Oh, and card games and puzzles and mittens and stocking caps and boots and coats and. . .
Don't forget to leave me a comment and tell me what YOU are thankful for today!

4 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

You are so on top of things! It hasn't even occured to me until just now that this actually is Thursday. The days,.... they seem SO LONG,... the weeks.... they go by so fast. I'll work on my list.

Lori Leigh said...

Thanks for all your encouraging comments about the cowboy/cowgirl vests! I think I'm hanging up my sewing machine for a while. Projects always take more energy and talent than I actually budget for! Ha!

Lori Leigh said...

So glad you are back in the blogging world! I missed ya girl! I really was worried and knew things were pretty bad over there. I'm glad you all survived the ice storm of 07

Lori Leigh said...

It really is amazing how much we take for granted! We really are blessed aren't we?!