Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas to All - and to All a Good Night

Time hasn't permitted another part to our love story saga before Christmas. Hopefully after the big fun on Monday and Tuesday I will have a chance to work on it some more. It's been such a delight to read through my journals and talk to the Coach about all that happened during those days. What an amazing and wonderful blessing to be part of God's working in our lives.

Tomorrow we will have Christmas in our own home. Stockings early, a big breakfast, presents to unwrap and candlelight service at church. Tuesday we will spend with family. The Coach's family (and most of the 50 grandchildren!) for breakfast and the morning and my family for the afternoon, dinner and a special Christmas play put on by the 20 grandchildren.

I think tonight, as we prepare to celebrate the Savior's birth, of how it must have been that night that Jesus was born. Sweet, young Mary, with all of the unknown. Joseph, and his heavy burden of responsibility for them both. The pain and wonder of childbirth. The glory of the Son of God. It's beyond my understanding and I am in awe of it all.

God becoming Man. Spirit taking on flesh and later the sin of the world. So that man - the work of the Creator Himself - could have a way back to God. Eternal life. Abundant life on earth. Hope.

From our family to yours~
May the "Hope of Glory" be with you as you celebrate this Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and I get to see you almost every day! Merry Christmas!
Protonman