Monday, December 31, 2007

Embrace the Chaos

Those were the Coach's words to me on Saturday. "Don't fight it." he said.

We've been having way too much fun around here over break. I'm exhausted. I think the kids are, too. And I know, after putting in 300 feet of line for a sprinkler system in our back yard in the last four days, the Coach is dead on his feet.

What I don't know is how to embrace all of the activity, fun and memory making without wearing myself out.
You can't stop the daily work of life, but I want to do the things that we enjoy doing together and will leave lasting memories for our children.

I haven't found that balance, yet.

For now, we are just surviving. Trying desperately to enjoy the kids, have fun as a family AND get all of the work done, too.

I need a 10 year nap.
Christmas Eve Morning - Stockings!

Christmas Eve Morning - Breakfast

1 comment:

Laura said...

I don't always do a good job of either. I want to have fun, but after everything is picked up and put away! REAL FUN, huh!