Monday, March 17, 2008

Wanna Bet?

When I married the Coach, I knew that my knowledge of sports was extremely limited.
There were a few things he had to teach me.
OK. Lots of things.
One is that it's absolutely required that you fill out a bracket for March Madness.
Required.
So as a newlywed (of three months), I filled out my very first.
Even though I'm not sure I knew what the NCAA even was.
And I mostly picked teams because I liked the name of the school.
Or the color of their jerseys.

I've given it up now the we have children old enough to participate.
The Coach just needs someone to beat - it doesn't have to be me. Any kid will do.
So the Coach and the four oldest were busy filling out their brackets at the lunch table today. Daughter (#7) begged to fill one out, too.
Which made the Coach proud.
He read each game (two names) to her and let her pick one, then wrote it down on her bracket.
The winner (with the most correct games) gets whatever they want at Sonic.
Maybe, just maybe, the Coach will lose this year.
But don't bet on it!

5 comments:

jo said...

Its that time of year again huh? Our kids are getting into it too. I'm pretty much resolved that whoever I'm leaning toward - I should pick the other team. This is based on how my brackets have done in prior years. I'm pretty much sunk by the first Friday evening. Fun stuff.

Lori Leigh said...

That is so funny. There was a guy where I used to work who made everyone join in the March Madness pool. I had no idea about any of the team. I just picked states that I like to visit. Ha! Anyways, I think it was ALL about him winning. It was still fun. We've currently got enough madness around here that the whole basketball thing has totally escaped us.

mom2camo said...

How fun! Can't wait til my girls can do things like this...maybe Chloe could! Jon and I have done these in the past and it's so much fun to follow! He has a whole point based system to see who really wins...maybe, just maybe, I'll win this year!!

The She and I Show said...

Ya'll are so cute! Thanks for the comment. I love your family. They have grown so much since "Kansas" used to watch them. :) They are precious!

Anonymous said...

this is the song that doesn't end.... yes it goes on and on my friend... some people started singing it not knowing what it was... and they'll continue singing it forever just because.....