Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Here we are, again. Thursday, already! And I couldn't be more grateful today for a week almost done. Whew!

1. That all of my school kids are actually AT school today! Yeah!

2. That Baby Boy seems to be much improved from the ear infection. Yeah!

3. That we've had two nights of no one waking up before 5:45 AM. Yeah!

4. Everything is ready for "Champ" to arrive - the Coach is picking him up this afternoon.

5. That daughter (#7) woke up without a fever - for the first time in 5 days.

6. That Son (#1) is "totally fine, Mom" with me missing his speech performance at the Art's Festival today, because I can't get out when it's 30 degrees with sick kids at 8:00 in the morning. Downtown. For a five minute speech. He's such a great kid! I know he'll do well even without me there to watch.

7. Hot chocolate on a cold morning.

8. That the Coach took our deck railing down on Tuesday so I can SEE THE YARD! YEAH!
Before





During

After



When we moved here two years ago, there was a stockade fence directly behind this deck, and the entire 1 acre yard was overgrown and trashed. We really thought it would take 5 years or more to "reclaim" it and make it a good area for the kids. Truthfully, I greatly lacking vision for it's potential. The Coach could SEE it, I just saw a mess and a lot of work.

The last two Summers, the kids played in the front yard because there wasn't any "yard" in the back.

Last Fall we added an awesome basketball court, and now the dog pen for Champ, and they are out there ALL THE TIME.

9. For the Coach - who works VERY hard. He walks in the door every evening - after working hard all day - and jumps right into whatever chaos is at hand.

~ AND he took this railing down for me so I could SEE the kids playing in the back, on the court, see the dog in his pen, and enjoy all of the birds and squirrels in our yard. Thank you, Babe!

Be sure and leave me a comment and tell me what YOU are thankful for today!
Happy Thursday!
P.S. #10 - One of my "girls" called and said she'd like to come help today. She's going to play with the girls so that I can clean the house. Thank you, Lord!

3 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

I love your list. So much news! LOVE the pics of your backyard! It looks SO nice! WOW! Can't wait to see it.... someday..... Have a great day friend!

jo said...

What a great deck. I'm thankful today that its somewhat warm enough for the kids to play outside. Although its in a coat and with no shoes. Having a big backyard is priceless. I'm thankful for that too.

Anonymous said...

this is the song that doesn't end.... yes it goes on and on my friend... some people started singing it not knowing what it was... and they'll continue singing it forever just because.....