Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Biggest Thankful Thursday of ALL!


Happy Thanksgiving!

Before we head out with our kids to the Coach's BIG family Thanksgiving, I wanted to be sure I didn't miss the chance to post on Thankful Thursday. So here goes:

1. Our Home
God's provision of this house was truly a miracle - one that I think of EVERY day. It's so beautiful here and is such a perfect place for us.
2. Our Church
Leaving our church home of 18 years was hard, to say the least. But over the last 1 1/2 years I've really grown to love our new church. It's been so good for us to go to a "community" church that is near our home.
3. Our Nation
In spite of the current state of things, the freedom that we enjoy each day is because our nation was founded on the principles of God's Word. We have liberty (the freedom to do RIGHT) because of those who have gone before, many of whom gave their lives for that liberty.
4. Our (LARGE) Family
It truly it is wonderful to have parents and grandparents so close by. And aunts and uncles and cousins, galore! FUN!
5. Our School
It never fails - we go to a school program, I cry. Every time! I am overwhelmed at the tremendous blessing of being able to send our children to a school where the Bible is taught as God's inspired Word, the teachers love God and our children, the curriculum is from a Christian world view. They learn scripture, character, all in the setting of a very rigorous academic environment.
6. The Coach's job
He is, I know, a blessing to all of his colleagues, and they are to him. I'm not sure if I could be away from my 5 school kids all day without knowing they are with the Coach! And it sure is nice to have him take them to school every day!
7. Amazing Friends
It's wonderful to have friends that stick closer than a brother. Who are there with you through good and bad. Who love you in spite of your many faults. And whom you can laugh with, cry with and eat Panera with. I love you, Girls!
Be sure and leave me a comment and tell me what you are thankful for. We'll just send a sweet savor of praise up to our Heavenly Father together today!

10 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

I am thankful for Rest!

I am so thankful that we have a couple days of rest. Ben has been so busy with work and things have been so crazy with kids activities and showing the house (and keeping it clean) that we just have not really felt rested. At all. Today we got up early to get the rolls started and to pop the turkey in and then we went back to bed and rested. It was SO nice!

Lori Leigh said...

Laura ~ Hey! We are moving to Texas! We originally thought we were moving to the McKinney area but my husband's work will be mostly off of I-75 near Presby Hospital. We were looking closer in like Richardson but our Texas realtor is discouraging us to go that close,... something about rednecks and fluctuating house prices.... Anyways,... he has suggested we look out in Murphy, Texas which is East of Plano. Do you have any opinions about that area? Any Christian school or church recommendations? Thanks! (and thank you K for letting me use your blog as a message board) :)

Lori Leigh said...

Gracias para su blog. Adoro su casa. ¡Usted es un gran amiga! Gracias.

Lori Leigh said...

I am thankful we finally found out about Rambaldi's end game. I'm sad I lost my dad in the process, but I got my man and had a baby to make up for it so I'm okay with it. I'm just confused about what really happened to my mom. I am actually confused about a lot of loose ends that really have never seemed to resolve themselves. I am also thankful for Marshall and all his cool gadgets even though he was socialy inept. He was truly a great guy. And Vaughn, how could I forget Vaughn. He thought I was dead and left me for another woman who ended up being a double agent and then he ended up killing her and then we got back together again eventually. He's the greatest. I'm so glad I'm his babymama. And that is what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Lori Leigh said...

I am thankful for Wal Mart. Okay, so I know we all have a love/hate relationship with Wal Mart, but seriously, I am so thankful I live in a nation where I can drive 5-10 minutes to a store and buy anything I need and even some things I want! On Monday I went to Wal Mart and just stood there and watched all the people carting things out and thought how fortunate we are. There are so many people in this world who would give anything to have these convieneces.

I am thankful.

Lori Leigh said...

I am thankful for Amazing Friends.
It's wonderful to have friends that stick closer than a brother. Who are there with you through good and bad. Who love you in spite of your many faults. And whom you can laugh with, cry with and eat Panera with. Wait, it seems like I have heard all this somewhere before,... WAIT,... did I just read this in your blog?? WAIT,, oh yes there is it,...Oh my heavens, it just sounded so good, it must have just stuck in my head! Well, I truly AM grateful for friends! Friend who love you through thick and thin no matter what you do or who you are! :)

Lori Leigh said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL!!!!!!!

Lori Leigh said...

Pioneer Woman is having a picture naming contest today and the winner gets a $500 American Express gift card! Now THAT would be something to be thankful for! Hurry on over before 7:00 tonight and enter your best title! Good luck gals (and I charge a 25% referral fee just in case you DO win) HA! (just kidding about the referral fee) Have a great Thanksgiving!

Laura said...

Lori-
I would not go to Richardson either. Murphy - I don't know much about but have heard good things. You might look in Allen too. The schools are good and it is centrally located. And I can come visit you when I come to see my mom. Which obviously weighs heavy in the decision!! When are you looking at moving? You also might look at Wylie. I haven't been over there in a long time but have heard good things about it and it is growing! Call me if you want - 501-821-1817.

Laura said...

Ok - I am also Thankful for my friends and family and the amazing opportunity we have to serve in ministry. Love you all to pieces!
Laura