Friday, November 16, 2007

When I Get to Heaven

Do you ever think about what you will want to ask God when you are finally with him for eternity? Or wonder if we will have to ask? Or will we just know the answers when we see the face of Christ?
I think about it a lot. The older I get (yes, I know) and the more struggles we experience, the more I long for heaven. And sure, I think about the important stuff like: What WAS Noah's wife's name? And did Abraham and Sarah argue about where they were going? And what WERE those children of Israel thinking when they made the golden calf?
But today I have a question that's different.
Lord, why, when we have the greatest opportunity to impact our children for Christ, do we have the least to give them?
Let's face it, I'm tired. Not just "Yeah, a nap would be nice" tired, but bloodshot eyes and head ache kind of tired.
The baby cried most of the night.
I'm sure he's fine. Stuffy nose makes it hard to suck his pacifier and I'm sure he was uncomfortable. I have to think I was MORE uncomfortable trying to keep him quiet so he didn't wake everyone else.
I'm at the end of my energy and it's only 8:00 in the morning. Full day ahead. Lots to do. And I don't have anything to give.
Yet, I know that right now is when my children need me most. They are so young and tender and they long for lots of hugs and words of praise and book reading and cuddling and having me color and play games with them.
Ugh.
So, Lord, I don't understand, but I trust You. I know you will only give me what your grace can enable me to do. I accept it, and I rest in you.
Rest.
Hmmmm. Wonder if I could put a movie on and go back to bed?

5 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

I'm thinking about heading on up. I'll let ya know what HE says!

Lori Leigh said...

Okay, so we showed the house twice, I've almost got my dessert (brownie mocha cholate cake) ready to take to Bible study tonight and I'm even fixing Marlboro man sandwich for supper. I just need to take the kids to violin practice and the library and then I think I might make it!

Anonymous said...

Okay- I finally got around to reading your blogs - I loved the before and after pics. I want to see more of those, I get a sense of accomplishment just looking at them, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Hey - you better let Lori know she's not the only one on here anymore and to save some room for the rest of us!
or I'm going to call her the blog-hog.
I feel so sick from eating too much poppycock. BLAH
love the blogs!
Legos in the oven... could be a good story for a day that you have writers block
see ya tonight!

Lori Leigh said...

Hey Shauna! How are you!?! Did you hear we are moving to Texas? Maybe next spring we will have to have another girls night at the farm! And just for your information, Karen LIKES lots of comments so just go ahead and leave as many as you like. :) It's fun! And then she feels loved. :) And that's all any of us want anyways. To see Karen happy and make her feel loved. Cause she is our hero. Thank you and goodnight.

Lori Leigh said...

See.... this is me... leaving another comment.... and when she comes and checks her blog she see.... 5 COMMENTS! and she will be so excited! Okay, so I haven't been getting enough sleep lately....been under a lot of pressure lately.... feeling just a little giddy.... I really need to go now.....