Friday, November 16, 2007

A Blessed Day

You know, some days start out really bad and they only get worse.
And others don't turn out so bad after all.
The Coach and I are going out tonight with friends. Our sweet sitter, Allison, is coming.
No matter how tired I am, I'm going to put on make up and something presentable and leave this house.
Yeah.
I would use an exclamation point, but I'm too tired.
Truth is, today was a blessed day.
Our sweet sitter, Michelle, came and played this morning.
The baby slept until 1:30 in the afternoon (from his morning nap).
Grandmother picked up the kids for me.
Now we have cousins over to play.
And shortly I will be enjoying a meal I didn't have to cook, with good friends that always make me laugh, and the Coach. Have I mentioned before how handsome he is? :-)
The kitchen is clean, the laundry is all folded and put away (I should take a picture) and I'm on my way to get pizzas before the Coach gets here.
Life is good.
And I won't have to cut up any one's food or clean up a spilled drink or do the dishes, or put the kids to bed tonight.
OK. Things are really good!

3 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

Oh my dear heavens... am I the FIRST to leave a post?!? How exciting!!!! I just want to say that I am so glad you had a blessed day and thanks for sharing with us! And I would also like to give a shout out to my fellow MT readers (that's short for Mrs. Troop, keep up with me here) Hey Laura! Hey Shauna! Hey Coach! (does that cover it?) Have a great weekend!

Corrie said...

You're amazing. :-) I hope you had a fun night, I know Allison was looking forward to coming.

But, man, I wish I could have been there. *sniff*

Lori Leigh said...

Hey friend! Are you kids out of school today? I hope you had a great week and I'll check back to see if you have posted. Have a great Monday!