Thursday, November 29, 2007

O How the Years Go By/Thankful Thursday


Today is Thursday, and therefore this should be a list of what I'm thankful for.
But this week we also have two birthdays. One is my #1 son's 12th. And I'm having trouble processing that.
I AM thankful for my precious kids.
Looking back, it seems to have gone so quickly. So many babies, so many sleepless nights, so many diapers and laundry and peanut butter sandwiches.
I don't remember a lot about the first half of our eldest son's life. He was only four when our fourth was born. His Kindergarten year I homeschooled him and had our fifth baby (the birthday girl in this picture). His first grade year his third sister came (our 6th). A lot of haze in my brain from those days.
But I know what he's like today. His growing strength, his character, his hard work and responsibility. His dependability. His desire to do what is right.
He does ALL of the mowing on our 1 acre lot.
All of it.
Every week.
Since he was 7.
I'm so proud of him. Not just because he's our oldest, our firstborn son and bears his daddy's middle name.
I'm proud of him because of the young man that he's growing in to.
And I do mean growing.
Did I mention how much he eats?

This picture is also of our daughter (#5) - she turned 6 this week. SIX. As in, "I am completely grown up and independent now". She's sweet and fun and spunky and bright and TINY.

So here are the birthday kids.
The (almost as tall as his mom) eldest, the 12 year old, the "Can I have an IPod or a rifle for my birthday?" boy.
And the tiny little six year old that bounds out the door to Kindergarten every morning girl.

I'm telling you - it goes so quickly.

2 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

Oh my heavens! I can't believe you have a 12 year old! Wow! He is so big! So they can mow lawns at age 7? I'm going to have to remember that next year! And L is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

Oh!! Peanut is getting big!!! Sorta - ok - older!

Love ya!