Monday, March 3, 2008

I don't have time for CHANGE. . .

When I was 13, my dad campaigned for a State Senate seat. His motto was, "Time for a Change." He lost to a very liberal incumbent. And ever since, I haven't been a big fan. Of change, that is.

Especially with all of the presidential garbage being thrown about these days. Wears me out. If I didn't know that a Sovereign Lord was in blessed control of it all, I'd move. To another country.

Just kidding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a lighter note. . .

I tried a different grocery store on Saturday.

People tell me all of the time how much they hate Wal-mart and how I would save so much if I went here or there.

Whatever.

After making my way through unfamiliar aisles, picking through horrible produce, not finding BIG sizes of things I like, only finding name brands and fighting some kind of weirdly large crowds, I'd had it.

I purposed to enjoy the service of having the groceries bagged and loaded in my car. Then realized that I really am crazy because I wanted to do it myself so it would be RIGHT.

At least now I can say I've done that and it DID NOT save me any money and I still had to go to Wal-mart, anyway, to buy my favorite White Cloud diapers and Parent's Choice formula - which is a great deal, by the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are catching up from last week.

Slowly.

I've had a huge amount of energy, which I can only credit to the fact that I slept more than I was awake last week. Saving it up, you know. Which is a good thing because the piles were so big that I needed a backhoe to dig out last night. Found school notes that were late, mail that was unopened.

Not to mention how COULD there have been any clothes in the DRAWERS with all of the laundry that I washed, folded and put away?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Coach and the boys built a dog house on Saturday.

O.K. More like a dog mansion.

In preparation for the arrival of "Champ" the German Shepherd later this week. Exciting times, I tell you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And just as I was thinking we were done with the flu - I have two boys (#3 and #4) home from school today, Daughter (#7) has been running a fever since Saturday afternoon and I made a trip to the doctor with Baby Boy this morning to discover an ear infection.

Fortunately, I'm rested up.


4 comments:

mom2camo said...

Here in the big town of B'ville, pretty much all we have is the dreaded (but very necessary) Wal-Mart...along with a smattering of smaller alternatives. I'm sure you are like me in that you really only want to have to stop at ONE place. I don't enjoy, and I'm sure my kids don't either, getting everyone out of the car 2 or 3 times! Hope you are feeling better, and getting all caught up today!!! ~Becky :)

Laura said...

It's Wal-Mart and Sam's for me. I don't have time to do anything else. Glad you are feeling better - sorry more are down for the count. Thanks for your prayers!!

Lori Leigh said...

So glad you are feeling better! Have a blessed day friend!

Anonymous said...

this is the song that doesn't end.... yes it goes on and on my friend... some people started singing it not knowing what it was... and they'll continue singing it forever just because.....