Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, Friend!

~Just taking a break from the FLU to give a shout out to my BFF!~




I truly believe God only gives you a few kindred spirits in life. LL is one of them.

From the moment we stood on her driveway and discovered we were both Alias fans, to sharing recipes, to blogging together, to lunches at Panera. To long distance phone calls and smoke signal telegrams, she's been there for me. We've shared hospital visits, new babies and lots of chocolate. We've rescued each other from many overwhelming moments. And "Oh My Heavens" that husband of hers makes me laugh!


Even though I miss the BSF days and seeing her every Sunday at church, God has blessed us with the kind of friendship that lasts - even over the miles.


Happy Birthday, Sydney Stewart, from your friend, Martha Bristow. I'm so grateful for you!

(And I've even changed this picture to my preenclamptic swollen and bloated self -YOU look great, though! - because you like it better. After all, it's YOUR BIRTHDAY!)

5 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

Awwww, that was SO SWEET! I'm gonna cry. You are such a blessing to ME and I appreciate your encouragement! Thanks for taking time away from your death bed of flu and leaving a post just for little ole me. I'm still praying for a quick recovery for you and good health for the rest of your family. Thanks for the birthday tribute!

Lori Leigh said...

Okay, and on a serious note... don't ya think the picture of us together in the blue is a much more flattering picture? :) Ha! Thanks for the sweet words and for thinking of me today.

Lori Leigh said...

You are so sweet to change the picture! Ha! I was just thinking that there aren't any pics of us where one of us isn't pregnant! I think in that pic you were pregnant with baby boy and had him like 2 weeks later! I think you looked great! :) Have a great day. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

jo said...

Ummmmmm I'm missing Mrs. Troop. Its been almost a week. I'm laughing out loud at the sheer thought of how you can possibly keep up this blog anyway. Just wanted you to know I check in whenever I can and look forward to catching up soon. Hope everyone is staying well.

Anonymous said...

this is the song that doesn't end.... yes it goes on and on my friend... some people started singing it not knowing what it was... and they'll continue singing it forever just because.....

did you know the new term for BFF is "bestie" just FYI