I'm saying that for my own benefit. Never sure quite what day it is until FRIDAY. And I wouldn't know that today is Thursday if I hadn't been reading some other Thankful Thursday posts. If you are looking for deep thoughts about what I am grateful for - you need to look elsewhere. None of that here today, Folks. However there is. . .
1. WARMTH. I am extremely tired of winter. But I'm so thankful that our house is warm inside on cold days like today. Some of my children would try to tell you that it's not warm in here, but that's because they run around in shorts and bare feet.
2. Reliable transportation. Although I really enjoyed NOT having a car on Monday (while the Coach's was in the shop), because he brought the kids home, I really am glad I can go out, start the car, and drive where I need to without worry. We even have a couple of extra seats if you want to come with us! Warning - it's a bit noisy in our car. I mean van. Or bus.
2. That Baby Boy's first top tooth is ALMOST through. Whew. His new "skill" is crawling behind me all day and whining. It's so sweet. Ha.
3. That Son (#1) got a B+ on his very first Science Fair project. I didn't really care what he got - it's over - but I'll take the B any day.
4. This really should have been at the top - A NEW NIECE! The Coach's baby sister (she's not really a baby, mind you, but you know what I mean) had a tiny baby girl yesterday morning. 5 pounds, 8 ounces (exactly the same size as our son #1). Their second child. We are so happy for them and she's a doll.
5. SPRING BREAK IS THREE WEEKS AWAY. Enough said.
6. PRECIOUS FAMILY WHOM I MISS GREATLY FROM CALIFORNIA IS COMING FOR SPRING BREAK. I'm excited.
7. OH. I almost forgot. Up there with #2 has to be that we had the money to get the Coach's car fixed. Thank you, Lord! (although I'm still open to being "carless" if it means I can stay home all of the time)
8. That Granddad bought 10 chocolate bars from the kids - that's 10 less for me to eat!
Well, Baby Boy found me. Not sure I can concentrate well (was I?) with him sitting here fussing. Too bad I don't know how to record it for you - I'd love to share.
Leave me a comment and let me know what you're thankful for today! And don't worry, it can be something deep. I can handle it. I've got chocolate on hand.