Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl



My oldest daughter turned 11 this week. We had a fun party with grandparents. She asked for tacos for dinner and chocolate cake and rainbow sherbet (she eats them seperately, though!) for dessert.
There really aren't words to describe what a blessing my sweet girl is. She is such a help to me.
How many young ladies would put up with a baby in their room - for the last eight years! And that's five different babies, by the way. Newborns up to 2 1/2 year old toddlers who try to talk to her all night!
She is the very favorite person for our three little girls. She plays dolls, reads books, dresses paper dolls, shares her American Girl dolls with them. The adore her.
She can certainly hold her own with the boys. Just ask them! They rarely pick a fight with her, because she can win! She's also an amazing little basketball player. Can't wait to see that development in the next few years!
Baby Boy prefers me to just about anyone there is. Except his oldest sister! The day after Christmas break ended, when she came home from school, he wouldn't let ANYONE ELSE hold him for the whole evening. He missed her!
About two weeks ago, after school, I asked her to get something ready for dinner for me. She did. And then she did the next thing and the next. And before I knew it, she had prepared the WHOLE ENTIRE MEAL by herself while I was helping with homework and memory work and signing notes. Amazing. And it wasn't mac and cheese. It was cracker crusted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and spice muffins. Not just any meal!
I really enjoy spending time with her. We shop together, plan meals together, go grocery shopping together. She's a tremendous help, but we also have so much fun! Last weekend she even helped me clean out my closet - by telling me what things were "just too old, Mom." I'm so glad to have someone to tell me that!
All in all, the thing I love most about her is her heart. She loves the Lord. She purposes to do what is right. She spends time reading her Bible. She prays for her family.
God has truly blessed me.

Happy Birthday, Daughter! I love you.

5 comments:

Grana said...

Cute Video! I can't believe your baby is getting so grown up! You are truly blessed! I can remember when she was born and I thought it was yesterday!
Have a blessed day!
Love ya!

Lori Leigh said...

She also helped us host your shower for baby boy!

Happy Birthday!

I loved the video too! How cute was that? Hope you all have a great weekend.

Corrie said...

awww! Give her a belated "happy birthday" hug for me. :-)

I love the picture of all the kids!

Miss you guys...

Rachael said...

She is lovely and it sounds as though she has a servants heart,how precious,she kind of resembles you!!

Laura said...

Give the girl a hug for me and a happy birthday wish! I can't believe she is so big. Wow, time flies, huh.