Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Reminding myself. . .

Things are hopping here at the troops.

I know that's nothing new. 

But normally. . . no matter how busy it gets. . . or how many different directions we are going. . .

The Coach and I?

We are a team.

A great team, in my humble opinion.

I'm glad we depend on each other.  I'm glad I need him so desperately to keep me focused and help me take deep breaths when I start to panic.  I'm glad he needs me to find things for him.  Ha!

We balance each other in so many ways.

And without him?  I'm seriously UNbalanced.

Tomorrow, he and Son #3 leave for Washington DC.  Our school's wonderful 6th grade government tour.  The Coach was blessed to be able to go with Son #1, 3 years ago.  I was blessed to be able to go with Daughter #2, two years ago.

And now it's his turn, again.

I know things are different than they were three years ago.  Or even last year when he went to Brazil for a long stretch.  Kids are older.  Schedule is busier.  He's not taking my "oldest" this time.  They will be here to pitch in.

But I'll miss him so much.

God provided for him to go, and I'm so grateful.

It will be wonderful for the two of them to do this together and share these memories.  Wonderful, precious, life-long memories.

And as another bonus, at least the Coach and I have texting on our phones now.  (smile)

The Lord keeps bringing back to mind my favorite verses from our BSF Isaiah study this year:

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength."  Is. 40:28,29
I DO faint. I DO grow weary.  Discouraged, disheartened, overwhelmed, frustrated. . .

But the Lord?  His might is endless.  His strength is available to me.  ME!

Yes, I am looking at 9 days without my Coach.
Yes, we have an extremely busy schedule these two weeks.
Yes, Daughter #5 is still recovering from the stomach flu and I realize the whole houseful of troops could get sick.
Yes, I am running a 1/2 marathon on Sunday morning.
Yes, I have trouble sleeping without the Coach.
Yes, I will have to do all of the driving to and from school, practice, doctor's appointments, parties, etc.

I look ahead and see that I do NOT have the strength or ability to handle this on my own.

(although it's great practice for when the Coach and Daughter #2 will be in Honduras and Son #1 will be in Mexico for mission trips in June!)

BUT He gives power to the faint.

HE gives strength those who are weak.

(that's me!)

Thank you, Lord for your provision.
For the blessing of your timing.
For the opportunity of this trip.

And the strength to do what needs to be done these next 9 days.

I am trusting the Lord.  I am depending on HIM to enable me, give me discernment, wisdom, and the physical "might" to get it all done.

If the Lord brings us to mind, would you pray for our family during these next two weeks?  I would be so grateful!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks so much! I'm a single mom these days too, and those verses are so encouraging. I have been so discouraged this week, and it is good to find refuge in the Lord. One passage I have been clinging to since Nathan left is Psalm 121. And remember, just take it one day at a time...at least that is what I tell myself each morning!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I have a husband here, but working on some of the same issues. Neat verses- not ones I had discovered yet, so I will be glad to add it to my list! God is there, I just need to remember His promises, thankfully praise Him for each new moment, and trust Him along this journey through life! Not there yet! :) Will be praying for you and your family.