Sunday, April 27, 2008

So far. . .so tired. . .

Honestly, this is hard! I'm not used to being the single mom of 7 kids. I am so completely dependent on the Coach. He keeps me sane. Not only that, I miss taking care of him. (sniff)

Since keeping a good perspective is helpful in these situations, I thought I'd make a list of all of the positives about the Coach and Son (#1) being gone for 9 days.

1. Less food to cook.
Seriously.
I think we are down 30% with their absence. That means 12 pieces of french toast to make instead of 18. With packing lunches it's even better. Four of the eight sandwiches I make every morning are for the two of them!

2. Less laundry.
I'm noticing a big difference. I'm sure it's just because their clothing items take up more space in the washer, but the laundry load seems lighter. Didn't even have a full load to start this morning before church - I can't remember the last time that happened!

3. The Coach's car is sitting in the garage. Imagine the savings in gas money!

4. Talking to the Coach 2 or 3 times each day on the phone. We never do that when he's in town!

5. We rented "little kids" movies on Friday night and Son (#1) wasn't here to roll his eyes.

6. Two less showers each day means more hot water for us girls!

7. I've only been running the dishwasher twice each day. Instead of three times. See - the savings is huge!

8. The Coach's alarm NOT going off at 5 in the morning. Let me tell you a little secret. Yeah, the Coach gets up early. Really early. Every day. But the truth is, the alarm doesn't wake him up. It wakes me up. And I wake him up. I'll admit not always sweetly.

9. OK. I'm out of ideas. Truth is I WAY miss those guys. I've had to do all of the dog wrangling, spider killing, paper fetching, light bulb changing, trash toting, nightmare calming, and attitude adjusting all by myself and I'm pooped.

Only 6 more days to go. . .

Only 6 more days to go. . .


I've found myself praying for my friend Crazy Daisy, whose husband is gone each and every week.

And for all of the wives of military who are deployed all around the world, for months at a time.

And widows who have lost their husbands and won't have them coming home ever again.

See? Perspective is a good thing.

"My grace is sufficient for thee. . ." (2 Cor. 12:19)

4 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

I feel your pain sister! Ya just gotta keep on keeping on. :) I hope you are able to rest well this week. Remember.. benadryl is your friend. Ha!

Laura said...

Just think, your turn next! :-)

jo said...

I cannot imagine your weariness. Hubs comes home tonight from just being gone since Friday and I'm so so ready. I could have slept in my car last night.:) I'll pray for you girl. Great post. We all need that perspective.

The She and I Show said...

Beautiful message! I just wanted to stop by and thank you for all your kind comments. You are a blessing to me. I really do love you and your family. I hope you have a wonderful "reunion" when your Coach returns. Love ~Kansas :)